Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

It's Disney Day!!!

I literally bounded out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to get ready for my shuttle to the airport at 4:15. Soon I was on my way to the Buffalo airport where, unlike Toronto, there were no crazy lineups or cranky people. I flew United for the first time and was connecting through Newark. The flight were smooth and uneventful and soon I was admiring the sunrise while waiting to board my flight to Orlando!
IMG_3826.JPG

I was a little sad bypassing the Magical Express as I went to collect my luggage. This was my first ever trip staying offsite as nothing was available on property for my dates that wasn't $400+/n. I settled on the B Resort and Spa in Disney Springs which was nice and clean and a short walk to Disney Springs. I got a great deal of $107/n (plus tax and a $30/n resort fee) on a Priceline Express deal. So probably comparable to a value price wise but with lots of room.
IMG_3828.JPG IMG_3829.JPG IMG_3830.JPG
I was really fortunate that a room was ready and I had been upgraded to a pool view! There was also a balcony to enjoy in the evenings but I was literally in the room to sleep and shower only. No time to waste when you are only in Disney for five days!

Once I unpacked and changed, I decided to stroll over to Disney Springs! It was a simply gorgeous day and I thoroughly enjoyed my walk. I was beginning to feel hungry
and thought of having lunch at one of the monorail resorts. I decided I would just grab whatever bus was waiting and saw the GF/Poly bus there. It stopped at the Poly first so I was soon walking through the beautiful lobby on my way to Captain Cooks for @ariane37 's favourite, the Pulled Pork Nachos!!
IMG_3831.JPG
These were so yummy but a huge portion and SO rich. I managed to polish off about 1/2 of them before declaring defeat. As I was walking through the resort grounds, I was lucky to see the launch pulling in and hurried down to the dock . I was on my way for a fabulous day and evening in Magic Kingdom!!

Last edited:
It stopped at the Poly first so I was soon walking through the beautiful lobby on my way to Captain Cooks for @ariane37 's favourite, the Pulled Pork Nachos
Oh yeah!!! I just reviewed them (again) in my dining report so between that and now your picture, there's no way I can NOT have these in May!

These were so yummy but a huge portion and SO rich. I managed to polish off about 1/2 of them before declaring defea
I'm glad you enjoyed them but yes, very rich with all those toppings going on. Every few bites I need to just eat a plain chip. That's how I get more than half way through :laughing:

So you liked the B Resort? I like to hear feedback on the DS resorts because I do every so often have clients who want off-property and sometimes the reviews are mixed. Did you use their park shuttle?

I've been thinking today about a solo trip to Disney and then came upon your trip report. Maybe that's a sign! ;) I've never traveled by myself before and it's a bit intimidating. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)

Last edited:

Pulled pork nachos and a boat to MK...sounds like an awesome way to start a Disney day!!

Pulled Pork Nachos!!
img_3831-jpg.390156
The Nachos look yummy!!

I've been thinking today about a solo trip to Disney and then came upon your trip report. Maybe that's a sign! ;) I've never traveled by myself before and it's a bit intimidating. Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :)
Disney is a very easy and safe place for solo travel. I have never felt out of place at all. There really is nothing better than getting to do what you want, when you want, in your happy place!

Pulled pork nachos and a boat to MK...sounds like an awesome way to start a Disney day!!
Absolute perfection. Disney boat transportation is my favourite!

The Nachos look yummy!!
So good!

Those nachos look fabulous. Yum!
They were delicious!

I literally bounded out of bed at 3:30 in the morning to get ready for my shuttle to the airport at 4:15.
There isn't much besides a trip to Disney that would have me bounding out of bed at 3:30am.

I was a little sad bypassing the Magical Express as I went to collect my luggage. This was my first ever trip staying offsite as nothing was available on property for my dates that wasn't $400+/n. I settled on the B Resort and Spa in Disney Springs which was nice and clean and a short walk to Disney Springs. I got a great deal of $107/n (plus tax and a $30/n resort fee) on a Priceline Express deal. So probably comparable to a value price wise but with lots of room.
Interesting. Looks like a nice hotel. I've seriously been thinking about staying off site next trip, partly to save money but also because I find the perks of staying on site aren't what they used to be. Losing the 60 day FP booking would be hard, but I found Extra magic Hours and Disney Transport isn't as good as it used to be, so there's less attracting me to staying on site.

I decided I would just grab whatever bus was waiting and saw the GF/Poly bus there.
I love this! In the past we have always planned our trips down to every little detail, but the older we get the more we're just trying to take it easy and be more laid back.

There isn't much besides a trip to Disney that would have me bounding out of bed at 3:30am.

Interesting. Looks like a nice hotel. I've seriously been thinking about staying off site next trip, partly to save money but also because I find the perks of staying on site aren't what they used to be. Losing the 60 day FP booking would be hard, but I found Extra magic Hours and Disney Transport isn't as good as it used to be, so there's less attracting me to staying on site.
Haha! Me too, Jeff! The good thing is that the DS hotels all have 60 day FP booking and EMH privileges until the end of 2019. I don't know if that will change with the opening of SWGE but for now it's definitely a bonus. It was great for a short trip but I am happy to be back onsite this summer.

I love this! In the past we have always planned our trips down to every little detail, but the older we get the more we're just trying to take it easy and be more laid back.
I am all about the relaxed trip, lol! I do make plans but try to have a lot of flexibility as well.

Sounds like you were off to a great start!
It was a fabulous start to five fun filled days!

Joining in.....and I will be doing what you did in 2 weeks. Damn Annual Pass!
:welcome:glad to have you along! APs are extremely dangerous....I really think they should come with a warning label! I hope your trip is amazing! Where are you staying?

Hi again!! :)
HI Liesa!! Happy to have you here, my friend!:goodvibes

Joining! I leave for my first solo trip (mom of 2 young kids) on Friday!!!
:welcome:Woohoo! I hope your trip is everything you want it to be. Disney solo time is the best! Where are you staying? I am jealous of everyone going now as I want to go back already!! :)

Hi :wave: joining in. I've never done a solo trip but definitely admire those who do. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

I'm looking forward to reading about your solo trip. I'm going in May for my 2nd solo trip. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get that annual pass when I was at Disney last November. But now I get to go back. And now I can read about your trip until I get to go. :surfweb:

Hi :wave: joining in. I've never done a solo trip but definitely admire those who do. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
:welcome:, I am happy to have you here! This was my fourth solo trip and they get better each time. :)

I'm looking forward to reading about your solo trip. I'm going in May for my 2nd solo trip. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to get that annual pass when I was at Disney last November. But now I get to go back. And now I can read about your trip until I get to go. :surfweb:
:welcome:see it really is dangerous to have an AP! But fun......really, really fun! Have you started a PTR for your trip? Where are you staying? Happy planning to you!

Joining in for your trip report! I've never done a solo trip, only been to the parks alone. Sounds like an adventure! Also, we've never staying off site before. I'll be interested to see how you like it and compare it to onsite stays.:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!