Sometimes you just need to run away to your happy place ~ A March break solo trip! Complete 06/29!

Great pictures, love your outfit and the food choices, yum!

I have always loved Illuminations and I am also happy to be able to see 1-2 more times!

Awesome report! I was planning a solo trip (in 14 days!) for Flower & Garden, but my sis decided to come with me! I’m glad to have her there, but I still want to do a solo trip someday.

You mentioned that the walk from the B Resort to DS is about ten minutes... is that to the Marketplace, or all the way to the buses?

Omg I loved the orange slushie too! I was surprised at how refreshing it tasted.

I wish I got to try the cauliflower, that looked good too!

Sounds like a successful night in EPCOT!

I love your food booth choices and the snow white outfit. Very cute!
Thank you! I was happy with my first Disneybound!

This is EXACTLY how I refer to my beloved Grey Goose Slush! I guess I'll have to try this and see if it's TRULY sunshine in a glass :scratchin

:laughing: We've seen some great bands there, bands I used to love and still enjoy and yes they all have die hard fans in the audience! Like the Stones are playing on stage......we've seen homemade signs and people almost rushing the stage, it's EPCOT guys!

Your food looks great, I am so excited to get back there next month I even rearranged our schedule for more festival time :goodvibes
Well you know, comparison studies are a good thing. You really have to take your time and make sure which one is the most sunshiny, right?? The fans at the show were pretty hardcore. It was fun to watch though.

Yikes! We had some of the same trouble on our trip when we Stayed at Shades of Green. You had to go to AK before MGM drop off which made no sense to me. We ended up either ubering or walking to the Poly and catching Disney transportation.

Wow, I never would have thought Scallops from a booth could be so good. Definitely on my list for our trip in a few weeks.

Speaking of my trip I'm rolling solo so I have to figure out how to get this home to Casey. Its her absolute favorite!

Beautiful picture!!!!
Thanks Kari! I was thinking of Casey and how much she loves frushi when I was enjoying mine. You will be mom of the year if you manage to get some home to her. Does she know you are going to Disney without her though?? The scallops were amazing, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

The scallops and frushi look amazing and I'm totally going to try both in a few weeks!!!

Super cute pics!
Thanks Jenny! I hope you enjoy all the yumminess at F&G!

Great pictures, love your outfit and the food choices, yum!

I have always loved Illuminations and I am also happy to be able to see 1-2 more times!
Thanks Caroline! It was such a fun night, the wether was great and the food was yummy. Meanwhile we had snow again this morning and only 1C (34F for you).

Awesome report! I was planning a solo trip (in 14 days!) for Flower & Garden, but my sis decided to come with me! I’m glad to have her there, but I still want to do a solo trip someday.

You mentioned that the walk from the B Resort to DS is about ten minutes... is that to the Marketplace, or all the way to the buses?
The 10 minute walk was to the Marketplace so if you were going to the Disney buses it would be another 5-7 minutes. It was a very pleasant, easy walk though. I hope you have an amazing time on your F&G trip with your sister. A solo trip is waiting for you!

Omg I loved the orange slushie too! I was surprised at how refreshing it tasted.

I wish I got to try the cauliflower, that looked good too!

Sounds like a successful night in EPCOT!
Thanks Cloe! Wasn't that slushy so yummy?? I loved it! It was a super fun night....I just love EPCOT!:)

Sounds like a great evening! Your snacks sound delicious!
Thanks Alexis! It was a great night. :)

Last edited:
Of course I cried.... both at "let go of the pain of the past, you don't have to feel it anymore" and "you'll have your hero's welcome, right where you belong"

Me too, every time.

Is it just me or is BTMR just so much better in the dark??

Yes!! When I took my mom (a ride chicken) she thought going at night would be easier and less scary b/c she couldn't see where we were going.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Not the case, LOL!

img_3875-jpg.392954
img_4129-jpg.392955

Ahh!!! I love these pictures!! I have never met Donald or Daisy in their traditional outfits, they've always been wearing some kind of costume, I need to make time for this meet.

and it took me almost an hour to get to Epcot!

Holy cow!!

img_3868-jpg.394268
img_3869-jpg.394269

Aren't they just the cutest???

Yes, they're so cute!! Two of my very favorite characters ever.

I had found a FP for Illuminations earlier and headed down to enjoy the show. I am glad I'll get to see it one more time this summer as it holds a very special place in my heart and I am going to miss it when it's gone. I will admit I was wiping away tears during "We are One".

This makes me cry too!! We did the dessert party in January just in case it was our last time, so I'm glad we're having a bonus chance in June (and that I can sneak one more time in in September hopefully)

Me too, every time.
I just love it so much!

Ahh!!! I love these pictures!! I have never met Donald or Daisy in their traditional outfits, they've always been wearing some kind of costume, I need to make time for this meet.
This is a great meet. There was hardly anyone there when I arrived to wait for them and it was so fun to see them walk out. :)

This makes me cry too!! We did the dessert party in January just in case it was our last time, so I'm glad we're having a bonus chance in June (and that I can sneak one more time in in September hopefully)
I am hoping to see it at least once in July. we are totally Disney twins in our reaction to the fireworks shows....I guess you must be a "wear your heart on your sleeve" type too....I totally am. People never have to wonder what I am feeling, lol!

How long does it take to get to Magic Kingdom in the morning???

Obviously I learned nothing from my experiences the evening before because I opted for using the resort transportation again. I missed the first bus by 5 minutes so had to wait 25 minutes for the next one to show up. That totally threw me off my game for combating spring break craziness and I certainly wasn't prepared for navigating the TTC entry. I had been spoiled by the ease of the launch from the Poly last summer! In retrospect, I really should have just walked to the Poly and taken transport from there but I wanted to experience the ferryboat at least once. I did have the pleasure of this gorgeous view from the ferry though, so that was a positive for the morning.
IMG_3879.JPG
Today I had another Disneybound planned with hopes of meeting a certain princess. Can you tell who I was today?? I was eager to get in line so I strolled over to the the castle, only stopping for a quick photo along the way.
IMG_3892.JPG
Soon I was in line and waiting for my turn. As I went forward, I was greeted with "My lady, you look just like me!" Merida commented on my quiver, asked me what type of bow I prefer for archery and we discussed how women should have all options available to them and choose what we like best. This was an awesome meet and I am so glad it worked out perfectly!
IMG_4155.JPG
It was about 9:45 at this time and the line ups were crazy!!! My FPs were for Epcot this afternoon so I knew I would have to make do as best as I could. Checking the app, I noticed that IASW had the shortest wait at 25 minutes so I headed in that direction. It was a lot of fun and I finally managed to knock the last Hidden Mickey there off my list. I strolled through Liberty Square, hoping for Haunted Mansion but the wait time was 50 minutes!! No thanks! To console myself, I thought I'd head over to Aloha Isle for my favourite treat. With a Pineapple Upside Down cake topped with Dole Whip in hand, all was right with the world again.
IMG_3880.JPG
I scrolled through the app one more time but wait times were too crazy. Then I thought about the Liberty Belle. She had been down for a refurb last August and I hadn't had a chance to enjoy a ride through the Rivers of America. This seemed like a perfect opportunity to do so, so I headed back over to Liberty Square and caught with 11:00 sailing with a few minutes to spare. I love the pictures you can catch from here and was sure to get a BTMR shot.
IMG_3881.JPG
I really wanted to catch the Trolley show so I headed back down to Main Street. First I thought I'd pop into the Main Street bakery for a Strawberry Acai refresher. It was SO packed in here and I am sure it was at least 25 minutes before I had my drink in hand. Do they have mobile order here? Wouldn't it be great to have a FP for Starbucks?? Anyhow, drink in hand I managed to catch the show in all it's glory. This show just makes me so happy........ Main Street streetsmosphere at it's best!
IMG_3884.JPG
I had hopes of meeting Father John and Robin Hood at their meet but the line was crazy. I decided to head out as I had a date with the Flower and Garden festival and lunch at a new to me restaurant! All I can say now is that it was delicious!

Last edited:
Oh boy, sounds like MK was hopping. The boat ride looks like a nice way to escape the crowds.

Do they have mobile order here? Wouldn't it be great to have a FP for Starbucks??

I wish!! I use Starbucks mobile order all the time at home and it's the best. I was quite disappointed to find out they hadn't incorporated the Starbucks locations into mde mobile ordering.

This was an awesome meet and I am so glad it worked out perfectly!
img_4155-jpg.395548

I love the outfit!

Thanks Kari! I was thinking of Casey and how much she loves frushi when I was enjoying mine. You will be mom of the year if you manage to get some home to her. Does she know you are going to Disney without her though?? The scallops were amazing, I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
No, she has no idea I am going. I don't want to tell her but Jason seems to think I should cop to it (think this is his way of getting back at me for going without him)

Twins!!!

With a Pineapple Upside Down cake topped with Dole Whip in hand, all was right with the world again.
img_3880-jpg.395549
Yum!!! And perfectly said. There is very little a dole whip can't fix!

Then I thought about the Liberty Belle. She had been down for a refurb last August and I hadn't had a chance to enjoy a ride through the Rivers of America.
I guess the good part of high crowds for spring break means you get to experience things you may skip otherwise!

I guessed Merida before I saw you meet picture, very cute!

We did The Liberty Belle this trip, good idea with the crowds.

I love the pineapple upside down cake, yum!

Enjoying your report! I would love to do a solo trip in the future. I have 5 kids ages 3-10, so offsite condo stays and packing PB&J’s for lunch are where it’s at for us & Disney for the foreseeable future.

But, if I am still around when they are grown and they don’t want to hang out with me on vacaction weeks anymore, I would love to take a quick trip alone and stay at GF! My dream ☺️. I guess I would let my husband come but I can’t see him doing a Disney trip without the kids. (Crazy, right?)

Loving your report so far and the fact that you went on March Break alone...you're giving me ideas! We live in London and are going out of Buffalo this summer for the same reason you did. I went last year on my own when DH "had" a conference (that I may have strongly suggested he attend for my WDW attending purposes.) It was amazing. Looking forward to continuing along!

Merida is one of my favorites!
Yes those spring break wait times are :crazy: I remember from last year! But great idea riding the Liberty Belle. We do this every few trips, I really enjoy it and agree you get some neat pictures/views when you ride :)

Oh boy, sounds like MK was hopping. The boat ride looks like a nice way to escape the crowds.

I wish!! I use Starbucks mobile order all the time at home and it's the best. I was quite disappointed to find out they hadn't incorporated the Starbucks locations into mde mobile ordering.

I love the outfit!
Thanks! It was a fun outfit to put together. I found the dress on clearance for $9 and had the leggings, necklace, belt and purse already. I even got compliments from CMs on it so I felt pleased. Disneybounding is so fun! I so wish they would do mobile order for Starbucks too! Think of the time it would save! The Liberty Belle is great fun, I think your girls would love it!

No, she has no idea I am going. I don't want to tell her but Jason seems to think I should cop to it (think this is his way of getting back at me for going without him)

Twins!!!

Yum!!! And perfectly said. There is very little a dole whip can't fix!

I guess the good part of high crowds for spring break means you get to experience things you may skip otherwise!
Oh Jason! I think it should be a "work trip".......very boring and nothing Casey would be interested in. It was fun to do the Merida disneybound.....I think she is a great princess role model for anyone. I agree, Dole Whip has magical properties!

For people like us who travel to the parks frequently, crowds aren't as much of an issue. We know how much of Disney is in the storytelling and the crowds force us to slow down and appreciate the details and theming we might miss if we were just rushing from ride to ride.

What a great meet with Merida! I love her!
I love her too!

I guessed Merida before I saw you meet picture, very cute!

We did The Liberty Belle this trip, good idea with the crowds.

I love the pineapple upside down cake, yum!
The Liberty Belle is a nice relaxing break, I always enjoy it. :) The Merida bound was fun to put together and it was a great meet. I love that pineapple upside down cake. It is delish!

Love your Disney bounding with Merida!

We rode the Liberty Belle for the first time this last trip. It was a nice ride!
Thank you so much! Did your girls enjoy the Liberty Belle? My boys always like the scenes around the Rivers of America.

Enjoying your report! I would love to do a solo trip in the future. I have 5 kids ages 3-10, so offsite condo stays and packing PB&J’s for lunch are where it’s at for us & Disney for the foreseeable future.

But, if I am still around when they are grown and they don’t want to hang out with me on vacaction weeks anymore, I would love to take a quick trip alone and stay at GF! My dream ☺️. I guess I would let my husband come but I can’t see him doing a Disney trip without the kids. (Crazy, right?)
:welcome:, thanks for following along! You will get there! As a busy mom of littles, alone time seems impossible. But one day you'll be there and will be so happy to have all those beautiful memories to look back on.

Loving your report so far and the fact that you went on March Break alone...you're giving me ideas! We live in London and are going out of Buffalo this summer for the same reason you did. I went last year on my own when DH "had" a conference (that I may have strongly suggested he attend for my WDW attending purposes.) It was amazing. Looking forward to continuing along!
:welcome:, thanks for joining in! I told people I met there that I ran away from home, lol! I love solo Disney time and I love Disney time with family and friends. As long as I am in my happy place, it's all good!

Merida is one of my favorites!
Yes those spring break wait times are :crazy: I remember from last year! But great idea riding the Liberty Belle. We do this every few trips, I really enjoy it and agree you get some neat pictures/views when you ride :)
I just love Merida too! There is nothing like those crazy Spring break crowds, although I guess Christmas would be crazier! I am a little worried about crowds this July, especially for DH who is not used to the heat.

I completely missed that you had started this trip report! My apologies for jumping in so late, but I'm here now and following along. :goodvibes
I love your two Disney bounding outfits. The perfect top to wear to meet Merida.

Yikes, the Mk wait times were not working with you that morning. Sorry to hear everything had long waits, including Starbucks!

That cauliflower dish from the previous evening sounded amazing. I am going to add that to my list of potential snacks at Flower and Garden.

I completely missed that you had started this trip report! My apologies for jumping in so late, but I'm here now and following along. :goodvibes
I love your two Disney bounding outfits. The perfect top to wear to meet Merida.

Yikes, the Mk wait times were not working with you that morning. Sorry to hear everything had long waits, including Starbucks!

That cauliflower dish from the previous evening sounded amazing. I am going to add that to my list of potential snacks at Flower and Garden.

Hi Alicia! I am happy to have you here! You are not too late at all, there is still lots to chat about, lol! Disneybounding is my fun new obsession......I started with my outfit for MNSSHP in 2017 as the Blue Fairy and it just took off from there. I have a few more planned for this summer's trip too. :) It was definitely a crazy busy morning at MK but I guess that's March Break for you. I love all the detailed theming and the classic rides so I always find something I enjoy, even on the busiest day. The cauliflower was delicious and a big serving. The sauce definitely had a kick to it so if you don't like spicy you could always have it on the side. Your trip is coming up so quickly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!