Sons best friend, what to do

********UPDATE***********
I have been off for awhile, just trying to get all the kids settled in, DH and I ended up taking the 13 year old step sister in too, didn’t even know the girl but she is amazing! She gets great grades, never has gotten in trouble in school, I totally lucked out lol. We have had to move rooms around in our home, but it’s going good.
My sis and I have decided to move the vacation to April or May and add on WDW for a week also, they school is ok with this because they say these kids deserve a vacation after everything they have been through.
We will book 3 rooms, my oldest DS who is 32 will take the 4 boys into his room.
We are pretty excited, we will call Disney tomorrow to make changes, and make sure the insurance will cover if something happens and the kids can’t go.
Thank you All for your support

Thanks for the update! i'd been wondering what happened. You are amazing for taking these kids in and even more amazing for taking them on such a wonderful vacation!!!

I'm glad it worked out and everyone can go, with even a bonus stepsister! LOL Good luck with the kids and their transition, and I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

I have been off for awhile, just trying to get all the kids settled in, DH and I ended up taking the 13 year old step sister in too, didn’t even know the girl but she is amazing! She gets great grades, never has gotten in trouble in school, I totally lucked out lol. We have had to move rooms around in our home, but it’s going good.
My sis and I have decided to move the vacation to April or May and add on WDW for a week also, they school is ok with this because they say these kids deserve a vacation after everything they have been through.
We will book 3 rooms, my oldest DS who is 32 will take the 4 boys into his room.
We are pretty excited, we will call Disney tomorrow to make changes, and make sure the insurance will cover if something happens and the kids can’t go.
I'm sooo happy to read your post @Disneyhenry -Thank you for updating.
I love that you've worked out such an amazing a solution to your situation.
Some of us only have 'Magical Moments' on Disney vacations; but your family's intervention in these children lives ensures them (and your whole family) of endless special kinds of Magical Moments.
Blessings on you and your whole family. 909927.gif Oh and by the way... You say you 'lucked out' with the addition of the older girl... That comment melted my heart :)

This is absolutely wonderful. ❤❤❤

P.s.: I suggest you update your first post with this update as well, otherwise, you'll get another whole round of questions from people who missed the thread in May.

This update made me tear up a little! What a wonderful thing you're doing and a great solution to make all of the kids feel included and give everyone an unforgettable vacation together. Thank you for sharing this story and this happy outcome.

@Disneyhenry Glad it is going to work out for all of you! I am not sure if this has been mentioned and you probably know this. But make sure that you have all of the paperwork and such to take the children on the cruise and off of the ship in the various ports. Disney Cruise Line or your travel agent should be able to help with this. Have fun!

@Disneyhenry These kids are very blessed to have you and your family. I wish there are more people like you guys.
Continue to spread the magic. More blessings to your family!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!