• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry... Another Pool Hopping ?

MinnieMe2

DIS Veteran
I understand that we can pool hop, but I'm a little confused about one thing. We are sending our 2 DSs and a friend to the World for H.S. grad. next week. Will they be able to pool hop? DH and I are DVC members, the boys will be our guests. I feel like we're hitting a grey area here....

No grey area, your guests get the same priviledges as owners. The only question is what's the minimum check in age, I assume there is one but don't know for certain. Remember that as owners you're responsible for anything they might do.

I've been a mom long enough to know that I'm responsible for my kids' actions WHEREVER they go, not just Disney.... Oldest is 22, other two are 19.

As long as they are staying on points, they are allowed to hop.

Hope the have a great time.

Scott and Peg

Just a suggestion, I would just call ahead to the resort that you wish to pool hop to before they go to make sure that it is not filled to capacity. I have heard stories that if its filled to capacity, they may be asked to leave.

It probably doesn't apply to this stay but might for exchanges. At many resorts, the minimum age is actually 25 so be aware.

With card keys that say DVC member they will be able to pool hop. But, DVCKaren is correct, part of pool hopping is calling ahead to the resort where you plan to "hop" to see if they are allowing it that particular day. AKL is not available for pool hopping at all for the time being.

We were in Disney this past Easter. Alot of people have stated they had a problem pool hopping over at the Yacht and Beach but we walked right in. I guess we hit it at the right time. We went twice a bit later in the evening mabye that is why. I think the boys should be fine. With the issue of age, I don't see it as a problem, I just turned 26 and have been going on vacations with friends including Disney since we were 19, never once were we asked for an id for age at check in. Hope the boys, I mean men have a blast. You are a real cool mom for giving them such a nice graduation present. Take care and Happy Pool Hopping, Tammy:bounce:

Although it wasn't DVC, my daughter and her 3 friends spent a week at All Stars last summer for their graduation present and they were all 18.

I just didn't want anyone to get somewhere and be refused, I'd be carefull on timeshare exchanges as 25 is a usual age required and it's usually enforced. Many hotels also require a minimum age but I believe that's closer to 21 and not as rigidly enforced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter