Sorry for another stroller post. Input welcome

DISfirstTimer

Mouseketeer
Sorry for another stroller post! We are 60 days out from our very 1st Disney Vacation. I know my 4 yo will need a stroller but I'm not sure about my 6 yo. He would never use a stroller at home but everyone says its a lot of walking and we have 5 park days. I was thinking of just taking my single jogging stroller as we have flown with many times without concern. However, if my 6yo requires one then I'm thinking of renting a double stroller from Kingdom Stroller. I just foresee them trying to share our single triggering a melt down!

If I do rent what do you suggest? My son is a 48 inches and nearly 70lbs which I know is over the suggested limiting for all the strollers they carry.

Every kid is different, but age 5 or 6 is when my kids stopped using strollers at WDW. Will there be enough adults to push two strollers? If so, you could play it by ear - bring a stroller for your 4 yr old and then rent one from Disney if the 6 yr old needs one. Disney also sells umbrella strollers for about $50.

Sorry for another stroller post! We are 60 days out from our very 1st Disney Vacation. I know my 4 yo will need a stroller but I'm not sure about my 6 yo. He would never use a stroller at home but everyone says its a lot of walking and we have 5 park days. I was thinking of just taking my single jogging stroller as we have flown with many times without concern. However, if my 6yo requires one then I'm thinking of renting a double stroller from Kingdom Stroller. I just foresee them trying to share our single triggering a melt down!

If I do rent what do you suggest? My son is a 48 inches and nearly 70lbs which I know is over the suggested limiting for all the strollers they carry.

That's a tough one. He'll probably be fine the first few days, but it might be day 4 or 5 that he'd want a break. I think with 5 days in late January, you'll have PLENTY OF TIME to see the things everyone wants to see. So don't worry about missing things. While there is a fair amount of walking, there's also a lot of waiting in lines/indoor rides where you can sit.

The stroller rentals you can usually do at the last minute if need be, so if by day 3 he's whining about the walking you can do a multi day rental at that point.

I'd bring just one,and at their ages, they may swap in and out of it when tired.

My kids are 4 and 6 and I was SO glad we had a double City Mini from Kingdom. It was a lot of walking since we did full days, and it would have taken forever to get from say, Fantasy Land to Adventure Land if we were prodding my 6 year old along. We just popped them in the stroller and zipped over there. If her brother had been riding and she'd been walking it would have been mega whining I just know it!
It was no big deal at all to push them around in that stroller. Easy to steer even with 2 biggish kids. Didn't regret it for a second.

At 5 my son didn't require a stroller but all kids are different. The year we went it wasn't super hot so I think that helped. Also, we didn't have another child with us using one so I think you have a valid concern there....I'd try one day without and see how it goes. You can always circle back to the entrance and pick one up.

I highly recommend a double umbrella stroller. That’s what we used at the parks when the kids were about the age of yours. They are easier to fold up and transport around. They aren’t much wider than the big joggers either. We had a Jeep one and the backs also reclined which was nice for if they fell asleep. They also each had an individual canopy to keep the sun out.

This is the one we had.

Attachments

• B3FF2AA1-A7BB-4453-AFFE-7E308043C197.jpeg
    B3FF2AA1-A7BB-4453-AFFE-7E308043C197.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 8
Here’s what worked for us. We didn’t take one and waited until my daughter asked for one (park day 7) and rented a park stroller for our last 2 days. It IS a lot of walking. My daughter was 6 at the time and hadn’t used a stroller since age 2nanywhere outside of Disney. I wouldn’t rent from a rental company or try to bring a second stroller or double or anything. I’d just wait and rent at the park. It was relatively cheap for a couple days and if you hop you can get a voucher to exchange for a stroller at the next park. No wrangling an extra stroller on the bus.

My kids want the stroller! When my now 7 year olds were 6 we had a double for them and a single for our younger child. This trip with 2 7 year olds and a 3 year old we did just one double. The 3 year old always rode and the big kids traded off. They would have been even happier if they’d had a permanent seat but were able to keep up walking too.

I walked between 15,000 to 21,000 steps per day while we were at Disney this week. My daughter takes more steps than I do, because her legs are shorter. She just turned 5 and we never use a stroller at home. But at Disney we do, but I wouldn’t want to push a double around. Our single was enough and she only weighs 41 pounds.

Now we do park the stroller and do things in one area. Then move the stroller to a new area. So she does walk a lot, but not the whole time.

Ours were 4 and 6 last trip and we were so glad we had the double stroller!! They didn't use it at home much at all but WDW is a different story. So much walking for little legs!
You know your children best, but "just take breaks" is just silly advice. Tired 6 year old legs don't get "un-tired" because they sat down for 20 minutes, especially after a few days of vacationing!
I would much rather find out we didn't need it (only use half the day, or park and come back to it) than be unprepared.

Ours were 4 and 6 last trip and we were so glad we had the double stroller!! They didn't use it at home much at all but WDW is a different story. So much walking for little legs!
You know your children best, but "just take breaks" is just silly advice. Tired 6 year old legs don't get "un-tired" because they sat down for 20 minutes, especially after a few days of vacationing!
I would much rather find out we didn't need it (only use half the day, or park and come back to it) than be unprepared.

So there are places to park? I asked my husband his opinion 2 days ago and he said out 6 yo would not need stroller. Well yesterday I took them to a VERY small mall and we walked from one end to the other rather quickly and shopped one store and they were both complaining how tired their legs were. I had to carry my 4yo. I think Daddy is wrong!

So there are places to park? I asked my husband his opinion 2 days ago and he said out 6 yo would not need stroller. Well yesterday I took them to a VERY small mall and we walked from one end to the other rather quickly and shopped one store and they were both complaining how tired their legs were. I had to carry my 4yo. I think Daddy is wrong!

Yes, last trip when we got to Fantasyland we parked by the carousel. Did the Princess greets and some rides in FL, then went back for the stroller and moved on to the next land.

I always feel so sorry for the parents carrying dead tired or sleeping children out of the parks. No way I could do it. I’d say double stroller with storage room below.

Yes, last trip when we got to Fantasyland we parked by the carousel. Did the Princess greets and some rides in FL, then went back for the stroller and moved on to the next land.

I think this will be my strategy. As my son is almost 70lbs and my daughter 45. That's a lot of weight to push around

We will be going at the end of February beginning of March with our 4 (almost 5) year old and I am considering bringing our stroller. She NEVER uses it at home, but last year she did use it quite frequently at WDW. The prior year when she was 2 she didn't want to use the stroller at all and her little legs kept up with ours all day long. She was just on sensory overload.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter