• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry, stroller ? from out-of -date grammy

maryp

DIS Veteran<b><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-
Hi guys,
Thanks for your patience! Is there such a thing as an umbrella stroller that the handles really retract so it will fit in one of those bags for the bigger folding strollers? Last year the umbrella we brought stuck out of the top of our bag, and was a real pain! I'm looking for something smaller for 4 year olg grandaughter....and where to buy one, hopefully on line. Thanks for help, and by the way, when my kids were small, Pampers were NEW and 99cents a dozen!!

... stroller carry case? Or did you mean put it in a suitcase? Not to be snarky about it, but why would you need to put it in any kind of case? (I'm asking in order to present alternatives, if I know what you're trying to achieve.)

The smallest-folding lightweight strollers on the market are definitely the Combis and their various copycats. These are not umbrella-folds, however, and depending on the height of the child in question, could be too small. Here's a photo of a folded travel Savvy: http://www.combistrollerstore.com/travelsavvy1.html

If you want a typical umbrella stroller (as opposed to a super-umbrella), and casing it is important to you, the new Chicco caddy might be a good choice; a quick search found it for ~$55 incl. shipping, with a carry sleeve, shoulder strap and raincover included:
http://www.strollers4less.com/proddetail.cfm?CFID=772430&CFTOKEN=60450310&ItemID=346&CategoryID=14

Generally speaking, an aluminum-frame stroller is your best bet when you have to haul it on and off planes or public transit, such as busses and parking-lot trams. Super-umbrellas are going to be the most comfortable option, but you may not wish to spend that much for a one-time thing. (Of course, I gave up square-fold strollers the first time I got my mitts on a super-umbrella; once you've used a well-engineered travel stroller, anything else tends to seem really cumbersome. I own a Chicco Fly, a Pliko Sherpa and a MacLaren Vogue. The Vogue is my favorite, but the Pliko will hold a 48" 5 yo for Disney use.)

You can also rent strollers every day at the parks. We hated to carry that kind of baggage when our 4 yr old could walk through the airport (albeit slowly).

He only needed the stroller for the very long walks and days at the parks and it was so much easier on everyone just to rent one at the door.

So, you may want to consider that instead of buying one just for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter