South West Rapid Rewards Dilemma - What Would You Do?

I like using SW RR points to purchase - if the flight price goes down you get points back instead of a credit.

On the Southwest Airlines website I currently see: "On March 18, 2019, we will open our schedule for sale through November 02, 2019. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"

On the Southwest Airlines website I currently see: "On March 18, 2019, we will open our schedule for sale through November 02, 2019. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"

On the flight schedules page:

“We are currently accepting air reservations through October 1 , 2019. On March 15, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through November 2, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.”

Interesting. On their Book a Flight page, it currently says it will be March 18. You can see this if you click on the information icon (letter i).

I would be willing to bet that the price will go down sometime between now and your trip. With that being said, if you book now and at some point in the future you notice the price being lower you can simply rebook at the lower price and the difference in points will go back into your account. I love the Southwest RR program for that and many other reasons, the first of which is the fact that their points go so much farther than other airlines' point. I've actually done a round trip from STL to MCO for an amount of points that I have earned in a single month. Not bonus points, but regular earned points. Granted I put a lot of stuff on my card, but that was still impressive :)
Good luck with your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!