Southern California (& Disneyland): Backstage Magic Meets Thread

@BRC6C This is our first ABD trip as well. It is a high school graduation trip for our son. He wanted to go to Disneyland, and he knows we are going, he doesn't know it is ABD. We will be flying in from the east on July 5 and flying back on the

We continue to count Dow the days.

Anyone going on the BSM on July 15? Divorced Dad with 15 Yr old son who is a Disney fanatic.

@RedM94 @BRC6C @megh315

This is my second ABD trip, but my family’s first. I did an adult only Backstage Magic with a friend last year, and it was so amazing I had to bring my family. I won’t spill any secrets or ruin any surprises, but we are all in for a fantastic trip!!

Where is everyone from? We are in Atlanta.

@AnnMarie3 We’re in NYC!

It’s our first ABD and I’ve read amazing reviews of this trip (tried to avoid spoilers of the surprises!!) and we can’t wait!

@RedM94 @BRC6C @megh315
Where is everyone from? We are in Atlanta.

We are from VA, just outside DC (inside the beltway for folks that means something to).

@AnnMarie3 We’re in NYC!

It’s our first ABD and I’ve read amazing reviews of this trip (tried to avoid spoilers of the surprises!!) and we can’t wait!

Also our first ABD, I've read everything I can find so know what happened on some trips. Luckily I have a terrible memory so won't be expecting anything :)

We just booked today for 8/11-16/2019! There are five of us including my son who will be 11 at trip time! Can't wait. Hoping Star Wars may be open (or nearly open!)

Anyone else going May 20th..? Well.. anyone else here I mean. If it were just us I'm sure we wouldn't be going! :cutie:

Awesome!! I told the kids there was a 15 yo boy and Emily said "do you know if there is anyone my age???". She will be thrilled!
HA! Mine will be thrilled as well. My TA checked on the breakdown and was told 23 guests and they told her the following breakdown of kids (but this was at two months ago...)

2 - 10 yo girls
2 - 11 yo girls
2 - 14 yo boys
3 - 15 yo boys
1 - 16 yo girl
1 - 16 yo boy

Thanks for the info about the July 15th trip - my son is happy there will be other kids his age. He is also a big time pin trader too.

HA! Mine will be thrilled as well. My TA checked on the breakdown and was told 23 guests and they told her the following breakdown of kids (but this was at two months ago...)

2 - 10 yo girls
2 - 11 yo girls
2 - 14 yo boys
3 - 15 yo boys
1 - 16 yo girl
1 - 16 yo boy
This makes me soooo happy!!

Thanks for the info about the July 15th trip - my son is happy there will be other kids his age. He is also a big time pin trader too.
Can't wait! I'm sure we'll have a selection of our pins too :)

Last edited:
Signed up for the August 18, 2019, trip. It's not an Adult Exclusive even though we are two middle-aged adults. We didn't want to run the risk of extending our trip into Labor Day weekend and trying to navigate the parks with the locals.

Our plan is to arrive a couple of days early. My husband has never been to the Hollywood area of CA and wants to look for Adam West's star on Hollywood Blvd. We're also waiting for the LA Dodgers' 2019 schedule because he would like to catch a game there if they are home. If not, our pre-trip plans could change.

Signed up for the August 18, 2019, trip. It's not an Adult Exclusive even though we are two middle-aged adults. We didn't want to run the risk of extending our trip into Labor Day weekend and trying to navigate the parks with the locals.

We are on the trip before you. We are planning to stay in Santa Monica for a few days before and head to Universal Orlando on one of those days. I am excited to hear about everyone's pretrip plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter