Southern Caribbean 2014. . . Let's Start the Planning!

Our group, Emily? Do tell. Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Eh, water under the bridge. I took Elsa's advice and 'let it go.'

I never joined the fb group since I was surprising a friend on this cruise. Sometimes I think people just make their own issues.

Yes I am not on FB. My 'favorite' comment came from a 'matching shirt' person on day one outside the rooms on deck 6. It was 1:39pm and we weren't allowed into our rooms yet. The comment was made that for each minute she wasn't allowed into her room, their tip was going down. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've already encountered the rudest people of all of our cruises thus far. It's only 1:40pm. Yikes :(

OMG! I totally know what you mean! I heard adults were bringing their kids in the Cove cafe! And on the 3 night, I never saw so much trash left at the tables.

Yes, there were areas that were very poor, but I guess we have poor and wealthy places here in New York so it wasn't a surprise to us. I found most of the island people to be very nice...even when shopping in the market. I think you just have to adapt to they way they do business .... we even liked shopping in the ports on the western...different style also. We just adjusted to it, maybe easier than some. I loved our southern itinerary and hope to do it again someday.

We loved the southern itinerary too. We'd like to do it again too. I would agree the islands were friendly with some poorer areas just like you'll find anywhere you travel. I was pleasantly surprised to see less bars on the windows and doors then we've seen in other places we've traveled to. All seemed to have a real community feel to them.

Yes I am not on FB. My 'favorite' comment came from a 'matching shirt' person on day one outside the rooms on deck 6. It was 1:39pm and we weren't allowed into our rooms yet. The comment was made that for each minute she wasn't allowed into her room, their tip was going down. Sheesh.

Wow, I never can understand the sense of entitlement you encounter with some on a DCL cruise. Is everything in their lives so perfect they can't deal with changes?:confused3

I was one of those "Matching shirt" people, and I have to say, I was lucky enough to have great interactions with those also with the shirts. It was a feel of camaraderie. It's interesting to hear how different of interactions and experiences we all have.

Silverfox97 said:
Eh, water under the bridge. I took Elsa's advice and 'let it go.'

Oh, you've got to be kidding. It's not under the stateroom host's control. People need to learn to relax and enjoy their vacation.

OMG! I totally know what you mean! I heard adults were bringing their kids in the Cove cafe! And on the 3 night, I never saw so much trash left at the tables.
Wow...now that's really crazy! Talk about a sense of entitlement! I would never bring my kids someplace where they were not allowed. Just not right :( I actually think that would actually bother me more than what people say

poohj80 said:
Just saw the Wonder is going back in January 2016 but St. Lucia is replaced with Martinique.

Yes we booked it on opening day! We're looking forward to another wonderful trip and we'll have 2 newbies with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter