Southwest Nov & Dec release watch thread

Anyone able to make reservations? What time do they usually post? (This is the first year that I'm actually pulled together enough for holiday travel plans)
I can still just go through 10/30/20 when I try to boko a flight

I just booked flights HOU>MCO for 28,818 points. Kinda high in points... but thankfully I'm not paying cash, which was $191. each way.

Points are more flexible. As mentioned if a reservation is canceled or modified to take advantage of lower fares, the points immediately go back into your account.

Also, unlike Travel Funds, points can be used/reused to book flights for anyone - not just the original traveler.

That said, it is usually not cost effective to purchase points. Even when SW has a 40% sale on buying points, you're going to spend more money for them than it would cost to just pay cash for the flight.

So there's a trade off: cost vs flexibility.

Steve
SWA is working on system to allow customers to transition their CV-19 travel credits to points.

Was hoping before I needed to purchase thanksgiving travel. Nervously, watching those rates increase daily but waiting it out. Those dates have always started out high and dropped a few months out.

In these times I prefer to use points vs even an extended credit.

Old thread, I know, but I just rebooked December flights for a savings of 10,452 points EACH. You all might want to take a look at Southwest today if possible!

Just saw a news story that SWA is scaling back flights at the end of the year because recovery is not going as planned. So be prepared for flight cancellations.

For sept/oct my market had cuts last night, down to 1 NS a day. No changes for Nov/Dec, yet.

For sept/oct my market had cuts last night, down to 1 NS a day. No changes for Nov/Dec, yet.
Same here from PHL. We were on the first flight out nonstop going to Orlando and they completely removed it and put us on a flight with a stop that gets us there at 9pm, wasting our whole day. So we are flying in the night before now on the only nonstop flight. Our flight home was also just changed last night. It was changed to 2 hours later and still non-stop, so that wasn't too bad. Looks like our whole week in September has the same exact flight schedule for each day now - flight numbers and times are all exactly the same each day.

Yep, nonstops cut from Buffalo for September. Didn’t check October, but Nov & December haven’t changed yet. Will be interesting to see a
what flights look like for the release next week.

SWA dropped all non stops from BDL for our week in September. Instead of a 2 1/2 hour flight we have 5-6 hours with layovers each way in Baltimore. This is the last straw for me. Will try again next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter