Southwest questions

ga9497

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have already been on this adventure I was hoping you could answer some questions

We are traveling on this Sep 15-22, 2007
We have never been to this part of the U.S.

1. Clothing / shoes - what do you suggest is a must - does it get cool in the evenings?
2. What not to miss in the area for the time you have on your own
3. Moab - what time were you done for the day on the afternoon free - we want to book the horseback riding at the Red Cliffs Lodge
4. Are restaurant reservations a must for the dinners you are on your own or did you find it easy to just walk into or reserve a restaurant through the guides

I read on another report to bring a waterproof camera for when on the Colorado River.
What do you wish you had with you that you didn't pack

Any other suggestions anyone wants to add would be most welcomed

Thanks
:goodvibes

Howdie!
1. Clothing: comfortable walking shoes is a must...I don't know about september weather but when we went it was HOT so loose fitted clothing. It does get cool at night in the GC.
2. A must: GC abviously, all other areas, we have free time but not that much...so we did a helicopter ride over the GC and a hummer ride in the Moab desert, we liked both.
3. Horseback ridding: we are back at the hotel by 2h30PM and the horseback starts at 4h30PM, so plenty of time for that. Dinner starts at 7h30PM and since a lot of people go horseback ridding, they are very accomodating.
4. Dinner reservations were all made on the spot, no need for advance ressies. I don't know about El Tovar thought, if you want to eat there before the sunsets on your last evening at the GC, maybe I would reserve that.
Have a great trip!!!
Julie

I've read the following... Despite the fact that the airlines may allow more, only one suitcase and one carry-on is allowed, per person, for the tour. I've also read that generally, they're not enforcing that on the European tours, so what's the point in having the rule? :confused:

Another question: Are there laundry facilities for guest use anywhere along the way on the trip?

There are laundry facilities at the second hotel (The Grand Hotel) also. They have two washers and four dryers, that's where we did laundry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter