Southwest tour...extras versus what is included

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
I'd really like to take the kids on this tour in 2009, we already have our 2008 vacation booked.

When reading some on the reviews people talk about helicopter canyon rides, horseback riding, ATV rides, white water rafting, etc. I presume all of these are "extras". How do I figure out what activities are included, and what are extras. Also, do they provide you a sheet of info on the extras, what is available and how much they cost?

Thanks!

Basically, the things that are included are all area tours, museums and hikes, plus a cowboy jeep tour and white water rafting. Also, you are on your own for some of the meals (listed on the web site).

There isn't a sheet that lists the extra things you can do and how much they cost, but I'm sure polling the user community here will help you find that out.

Morning,

The guides can point you in the direction and perhaps give some insight as to what they've heard from other guests. They are not Disney run or sanctioned so you're on your own.

At the Amara in Sedona the concierge can assist with any city tours, restaurant suggestions, etc... At the Grand Hotel in Tusayan (Grand Canyon) there is a desk immediately upon entering the lobby of an excursion company offering helicopter rides, hikes, etc. There are other excusion companies in the Canyon area and you can easily spot them. A lot of the things in the Grand Canyon are word of mouth so don't be afraid to ask. At the the Red Cliffs lodge in Moab there are plenty of brochures around and the hotel is more than happy to make suggestions. Keep in mind though that the helicopter rides are pricy and can quickly add for a family. Fortunately we are small so it was reasonable.

The guides do an incredible job at keeping everyone occupied and sometimes you're so tired out you just want to hang around the pool for a little while or take a walk on your own. Either way it's an incredible adventure!:disrocks:

Enjoy! :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter