Southwest Trip

You're on the same trip as us, correct? September 14? There will be a reporter and camera operator along for the trip with us.

Yep, we are on the same one. Funny that I didn't get a call. I was away last week but no messages were left from ABD

You could call Maurice (877-728-7282) preemptively, and ask. (I'm just too embarassed to call back, now. :))

You could call Maurice (877-728-7282) preemptively, and ask. (I'm just too embarassed to call back, now. :))

I did call to inquire, Maurice wasn't in, I was told that they are doing a new dvd and brochures for next year but that sounds fishy because the brochure is supposed to be ready to be mailed out at the end of August or early September so I am sure that is already set they are just putting the finishing touches on it

We are going on the Southwest Adventure on Aug 14 with our 14 and 11 year old daughters. They, to put it mildly, are not happy about this (they are more the theme-park/cruise types than the outdoor adventure types). I was wondering how many children, and of what ages, are on the tours, and how hard the guides work to make them happy. Part of the reason that we are doing this with Disney is the hope that the "Disney difference" will make it more palatable to them

We just took the Southwest trip recently and suggest you call ahead for horse back ridding at the lodge. Also, call ahead for dinner at the El Tovar resturant at the Grand Canyon before you meet at the Flag Pole at front that evening for the sunset over the canyon.

Oh, I almost fogot, please have your children bring a DS game to play on the long bus trip. All of the kids on our trip had them and they link up on the same game and just had a blast playing it. I would suggest all kids bring a DS game to any of the Disney trips. Helps with the Shy kids.

So we should reserve dinner on our own @ El Tovar an hour or so before sunset? And how long before our trip should we reserve horseback riding and the dinner?
Thanks for your suggestions!

We called El Tovar and reserved the first seating for dinner, which I think was 5pm, then get there early to get in line for a window seat, that is what we did and then after dinner we sat outside on the front porch in the rocking chairs until 730 which was our meeting time at the flag pole right next to the porch. What we did before was to walk down about an hour into the canyon at the bright angel trail, then came back up, takes about double the time to get back up. Our kids loved it. Lunch on this day was at the snack shop by the canyon, just ate light after a hardy breakfast at the hotel. Any other questions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts