Souvenir Ideas...

LSUlakes

DIS Veteran
A small back story to my question. Every trip we take, we make our way to the Japan pavilion in Epcot for pick a pearl. This particular souvenir is for our daughter and I have a long term plan for her collection. Eventually, she will grow up and get married. These pearls that we collect over the years will then be made into so form of jewelry as part of her "something old" whenever that day happens.
We now have a boy and by the time we go on our next trip he will be old enough that I would like to start some sort of collection for him that will last over time. Any suggestions on what that should be? Pin collection, or press penny collection?

Boys are harder, but we have done pressed pennies almost every trip for my son. They have other "collectibles" such as Disney coins, that he has acquired too. It may not be as easy as the pearl, but you can find things. Maybe a personalized Christmas ornament from the shop at Disney Springs?

Boys are harder, but we have done pressed pennies almost every trip for my son. They have other "collectibles" such as Disney coins, that he has acquired too. It may not be as easy as the pearl, but you can find things. Maybe a personalized Christmas ornament from the shop at Disney Springs?
I agree with you! Our daughter has a press penny book which has two great purposes. She enjoys getting them and especially the hand crank ones. It also gives us something to do with her when we have to do child swap for rides. We took a weekend a trip in March, just her and I and she decided to wanted a pin set. She had plenty of gift cards so I thought it was better than a stuffed animal. After I told her she could pin trade with them she decided she just wanted to collect lol. We also buy a Christmas ornament every trip we go on as a family, usually from the resort we are staying at. I think a pressed penny book will probably end up being DS thing, but was looking perhaps for something I did not know about. I am also realizing we spend entirely to much money at the parks lol.

One thing my son started collecting was the different die-cast "ride" cars. One trip, he got a monorail die-cast set, another trip, it was the ride vehicles from the "mountains", another trip, he got a Magic Kingdom train. We packed these away for him (now that he is 17) and they will keep well over time. He also collected different hats as he got older.

One thing my son started collecting was the different die-cast "ride" cars. One trip, he got a monorail die-cast set, another trip, it was the ride vehicles from the "mountains", another trip, he got a Magic Kingdom train. We packed these away for him (now that he is 17) and they will keep well over time. He also collected different hats as he got older.
I like that idea!

It is not as special as the pearl, but my kids love the pin books. We buy a 100 lot of pins on Ebay before going and they trade them. They got to be the honorary captains at the pin trading even ton our last cruise and it was so special. The people at the hotels where we stay always know what they are looking for and will hold the for them, too. It is a nice way to make connections with the cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!