Souvenir ??? Never been to DL

Shell76

Mouseketeer
My sister and her fiance are planning on honeymooning in Disneyland at the end of April. No one that we know has ever been to DL before, so we don't have any experience with stores/souvenirs/etc. Could someone please tell what kind of neat "exclusive" things that they offer? TIA.

They have so much there that I can't even begin to start with some of the things we picked up. We always-always get the Mickey/Minnie hats (at the Mad Hatters) with names on them for the kids. I picked up a hat for myself that said Princess (LOL) on it and the kids picked up a Grumpy hat for their dad. I picked up a lot of keychains as gifts for people- and myself. There are some really nice Disneyland shirts, too. Again, there is so much in all kinds-of price ranges that it is tough to narrow it down.

My favorite Disney souveniers are:

Pictures from Every ride that offers them

A Pirate Flag from PoC

A Disney Scrapbook

Disney Christmas Ornaments - good luck finding them in April!

:scratchin

Of course no honeymoon would be complete without the traditional Minnie/Mickey bride and groom hats!

My best advice is to carefully draw up a souvenier budget and then quadruple it - that's how it always seems to go with us :laughing:

I'm a fan of Christmas ornaments as well...if I'm not mistaken, there's a Christmas shop in New Orleans Square.

A few other items are pins, collectible coins (different from pressed pennies and quarters -- which also make good souvenirs, and you can get a DL pressed penny book to keep them in), and they usually have nice hard-covered books with pictures. I thought I read that this year there is going to be special book in honor of the 50th Anniversary.

If they're looking for something really special and don't mind spending the money, there is a shop on Main Street where an artist draws Disney pictures that go onto the face of a watch. It is something I've always wanted to buy!

I also like the Christmas ornaments. They sell them in a couple of places - you can get them at the Christmas shop in New Orleans Square, and at a shop on Main Street, between the sillouette shop & photo shop. They're unique to Disneyland.

DL photo frames

Name badges - they say Disneyland

Golden Mickey Ears

Any of the DL 50th anniversary merchandise

Snow Globe of the Haunted Mansion with the Nightmare Before Christmas theme.

t-shirts/sweatshirts

Crystal mugs w/Disneyland logo on them & names engraved

Disneyland exclusive pins

California Adventure stuffed bear with hidden Mickey on paw

Grand Californian has nice gifts in their giftshop

Picture at California Adventure photo that would show them climbing the Matterhorn

You'll be able to find plenty of xmas ornaments at any time of the year. WOD always has ornaments (I've bought 3 or 4 there in May), if you miss the xmas shop in DL. Also, they have some more artsy looking ornaments of the hotels that are dated with the year (picked up a GC in the GC gift shop last May).

For our souveneirs the ones we like best (whether at DL or WDW) are the ones that are inscribed in some way that they belong to DL or WDW - not general Disney merchandise and not shared (WDW/DL) merchandise. The pressed pennies that are ride, park, or land specific are neat to have.

We always seem to come home with a new picture frame and I always get DW a bell (often a crystal one etched with the date of our trip) to add to her bell collection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter