• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenir savings

Masonic Mouse

Mouseketeer
A nice way to save on Souvenirs is to go to one of the Character Outlets stores that are in the Outlet malls near WDW. I went for the first time this past January and found the bargains to be great. I bought a Jumbo Pin that the year before I paid $20.00 for, for $4.99, a Rugby shirt for $14.99, and a heavy Waite embroidered Hooddy for $17.99. It is a great place to buy cheep pins for trading at the parks. Rout 192 is a good place to get stuff on the cheap too. It won't say Walt Disney World on it but it will have the characters on it and cost A LOT LESS!!!!!!!!!!!. Since we were at the World in January with the kids we are doing Daytona Beach in April and will probably try Aquatica out and since we will be so close check out the Character Outlet and maybe Raglan Road for Dinner. My AP has died but my DDE card is still good.

Jeff

A nice way to save on Souvenirs is to go to one of the Character Outlets stores that are in the Outlet malls near WDW. I went for the first time this past January and found the bargains to be great. I bought a Jumbo Pin that the year before I paid $20.00 for, for $4.99, a Rugby shirt for $14.99, and a heavy Waite embroidered Hooddy for $17.99. It is a great place to buy cheep pins for trading at the parks. Rout 192 is a good place to get stuff on the cheap too. It won't say Walt Disney World on it but it will have the characters on it and cost A LOT LESS!!!!!!!!!!!. Since we were at the World in January with the kids we are doing Daytona Beach in April and will probably try Aquatica out and since we will be so close check out the Character Outlet and maybe Raglan Road for Dinner. My AP has died but my DDE card is still good.

Jeff

We are going for the first time in April..where are these places? I would Love to visit them!

We are going for the first time in April..where are these places? I would Love to visit them!

Ummmmmmmm, I don't know if you will actually save money by going to the outlets, (I kinda went a little bit crazy when I was in there :rolleyes1 )
but there are definitely some deals!

I went to the Disney outlet in Prime Outlet Mall on International Drive in Feburary and I got some awesome stuff! My sister had been looking for this one particular Mickey watch (it was $40 in the parks) and they actually had it there .... for $14.99!!!!! I also got some really nice/cute picture frames for $1.99!

Alot of stuff is seasonal, they had things from the 2007 Super Soap Weekend and alot of Halloween stuff, leftovers from the Food & Wine Festival, ect...and alot of clothes, especially men's and kids clothes. I got my BIL a really nice $60 embroidered Pirates sweatshirt for $16.99. I also got my niece some really cute tops and shorts for our next trip.

I think if you have a car, it's definitely worth making a stop at Prime Outlets.

Ummmmmmmm, I don't know if you will actually save money by going to the outlets, (I kinda went a little bit crazy when I was in there :rolleyes1 )

I am right there with you . We went to one of the outlets last trip and I left with three jumbo bags. I was surprised that they had some really nice stuff and really cheap. I collect sterling silver charms and I hit the jackpot at the outlet. I hope to make it there on our next trip , my poor DH ;)

I went to the Disney outlet in Prime Outlet Mall on International Drive in Feburary and I got some awesome stuff! My sister had been looking for this one particular Mickey watch (it was $40 in the parks) and they actually had it there .... for $14.99!!!!! I also got some really nice/cute picture frames for $1.99!

Alot of stuff is seasonal, they had things from the 2007 Super Soap Weekend and alot of Halloween stuff, leftovers from the Food & Wine Festival, ect...and alot of clothes, especially men's and kids clothes. I got my BIL a really nice $60 embroidered Pirates sweatshirt for $16.99. I also got my niece some really cute tops and shorts for our next trip.

I think if you have a car, it's definitely worth making a stop at Prime Outlets.

I agree with you..probably won't save $ but will come home with more...lol Thanks for the info

I agree with you..probably won't save $4 but will come home with more...lol Thanks for the info

When we went it was hilarious, we just happened to drive by Prime Outlets and I said "STOP! There is Disney outlet in there!" but it was 8:30pm and they close at 9pm, so I was running around in there like that TV game show Supermarket Dash! Can't imagine the damage I would have done to my CC
with more time! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter