Souvenirs for babies and toddlers

sarahothomas

Mouseketeer
What are some good souvenirs for the younger kids? My nieces will be 1.5 and 3.5 years old when I visit and I'd like to pick them up something special - not clothing.
Thanks in advance!

In my family it's a tradition for each baby to get a Disney bank in his or her first trip or Christmas or birthday- great way to teach them to save money for future trips and it's a keepsake they can have forever!

There was a set of It's a Small World bath toys that seemed pretty cool and also Disney specific. I almost bought them for a birthday present for a child turning 2, but decided it might not fit in my luggage.

Not sure if you want something as a keepsake or something more like a toy...
There are small, plastic Mickeys with the year on his shirt. The arms and legs move, so it can be played with, or just posed for display. It's small enough to pack. We get one for our kids each time we go, and they like displaying them on a shelf in their rooms. I think they might have other characters, but we stick with Mickey. :)

My kids have Disney banks they got on one of their first trips. It really is something they'll use for a long time. I also like the idea of a small stuffed "baby" Mickey or Minnie for a really little one.

What about a pick-a-pearl at Japan and get a cute "cage" to put it in? Obviously to be enjoyed when they are older but would be a fun keepsake. Etsy sells some really cute Cinderella carriages in sterling silver to hold up to a 10 mm pearl. I plan to get those in advance for each granddaughter and let them choose the pearl when we go. But I'd also bring a little something they can play with immediately.

We did ear hats for all the kids' first trips. They worked for a photo or two and then when we got home they went on a shelf in the bedroom. Once they got older the hats moved to a keepsake box I have going for them in the basement, but they all still have them.

If you're looking for a keepsake type souvenir, look for the silhouettes done on Main Street. They're really cute and not super expensive. I love the idea of doing one each trip to see how they grow (saw this on pinterest). They also sell frames but I think cheaper ones could be found at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

I second the It's a Small Word bath toys. Personalized Mickey era are also cute and there are some really sweet stuffed characters that seem to be a hit with the younger crowd.

If you go to World Of Disney in Disney Springs, there's an entire room of things for toddlers. You could snatch something up there.

When all else fails, you can't go wrong with a Mickey Plush!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!