Souvenirs

pickers1982

DIS Veteran
not sure if this is the right board. as souvenirs my wife always gets a mug and me a pint glass or similar (usually from espn). i dont really drink much anymore so considering starting a new tradition for a souvenir every trip. what does every else buy every trip??

we live in the Uk so it cant be too large or heavy

Ideas:

Trading pins, dinner plates, dessert plates, shirts, hats, magnets, something favorite character related?

You could pretty much make anything a "collector" item, it just kinda depends on what you'd want to switch to.

I like trading pins. They're relatively small and inexpensive (compared to a lot of other products).

You could start a resort collection (granted you're from the UK, so I'm not sure how often you visit) and get things that are resort specific to kinda tell the story of where you've stayed.

We do Christmas ornaments. Either with the year on them or themed based on the resort we stayed at. But, I also collect them world wide starting when I was about 20. I have them from all over Europe, Canada, US and Caribbean. Love placing them on the tree each year and the memories they bring back.

Well the girls collect clothes but when we go I wander over to Epcot every trip and get 2 of the small statues that feature Disney character as Star Wars characters. Mickey as a Jedi and Goofy as Darth Vader sit about 2 feet from me.

I always get my Mom a pair of mickey earrings, I've taken a recent liking to sweatshirt (they have to be oversized and soft), Laila perfume from Epcot (Norway), my husband will get a pin only if it's a limited edition he likes or a holiday, and the glass Mickey Christmas (ears) ornament.

Christmas ornaments/decorations
Shot glasses
Kitchen utensils (spatula/serving spoon/dish towel)
Mugs
Magic washcloths-the kind that grow in the water. Always fun to use those around the house.

Wondering, do they have travel mugs, water bottles/reusable drinking tumblers? I want to do an ornament, but would also like a travel mug or tumbler to use at work.

My main travel souvenir when we go anywhere is a magnet. They take up no space around the house and it's a fun visual way to keep a log of where we've been. So at Disney I buy a resort magnet and a "generic" Disney magnet and I write the year on the back of both to remember which trip it was. I also like to get a Christmas ornament or something "girly" for myself like jewelry.

We are magnet people :). For disney, we make sure to get one that includes the year it represents...and sometimes an additional magnet for a favorite ride or experience from that particular trip.

We always get Christmas ornaments. We don’t drink at all, but we also have a shot glass collection. They are small, relatively inexpensive, and can be found anywhere we vacation.

I usually buy a pin. And then on our last trip, I discovered that there are these special keys that you can buy. There are some for each "land." Some for Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, etc. So now I'm going to buy a key each time we go on a Disney trip and add it to a frame/shadow box thing to hang on the wall at home. They're about $35-$40 each, small, and easy to travel with.

Another option is to get a silhouette done of the 2 of you at the silhouette studio. Or bring one of the picture matte things and have all of the characters you meet sign it. Then use that to frame a picture of the 2 of you from the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!