Spa info -

Kewz1

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the best place to post but here goes...

DH and I are considering a morning at one of these spas - Senses at GF, Senses at SSR, Mandara at the Dolphin, or the spa at Four Seasons.

Has anyone been recently? Would you go back?

If you've been to more than one how do they compare?

Looking for your personal experiences. Thanks in advance!

I am also curious. I’m staying at the Poly and I have one day to myself. I would love to go to Senses, but would appreciate some information besides what I have found on the Disney website.

Mark me down as interested too. I was considering one for our upcoming trip.

Okay so now we need to find someone who has actually been to the spa(s) so they can tell us about their experiences!

I’ve been to Mandara Spa. But it was only one time and my very trip to a spa, so I have nothing to compare it to.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was calming and I can’t wait to do it again. I’ll be trying Senses at GF next time, just so I can see how it compares. It certainly looks beautiful, and might appeal to me even more.

I've been to Mandara. I had a Groupon and my daughter and I had a facial. I have had facials before and thought the technician was very good. I've been stalking Groupon looking for another one for our upcoming trip. I've also had a massage at AKL. Thought it was a very good massage-I was so relaxed I really could have fallen asleep and my muscles felt very loose after. The massage therapist came over from CSR to do the massage. I have been torn about going to Senses-either one or going back to Mandara while we are at YC. Would love a current review from someone who has used either spa.

Last edited:

Have you been to Senses? What about Mandara is special?

I haven't been to either of the Senses spas. I am toying with making the trip over to either GF or SSR for our next stay. DD & I went to Mandara last summer. We both thought the technician was good for our facial. We had the same woman. She told us each what she was doing and why. She was friendly but let us relax through the facial. She didn't try to push product but said she'd leave a list of what she used. We didn't use the sauna but did sit in the relaxation room. Shower was decent-liked the product they had in there. We went early in the morning so it wasn't hectic in there, but when we left there were a few people waiting to sign in. Again, no big push to buy product. I will probably go to Mandara again because of proximity to YC. Just wish I could find out if Senses would be worth the trip over to the other resorts!

Last edited:
Since I'm staying at Poly, Senses makes sense (no pun intended) for me.

At home, we travel to Mohegan Sun and go to the Elemis Spa there. I've used Elemis products for 15 years since my first spa visit there, and I LOVE them. I'm probably not getting a facial on vacation, so the face products don't really matter. I will probably get a massage and maybe a mani pedi.

I went to Senses at GFR back in November and really enjoyed it. I LOVED the bath robes (I nearly bought one for myself, but they're, like, $125 and it was at the start of my trip). They're buttery soft and so cozy. The ladies lounge is nice with two different flavors of spa water, a selection of trail mix, candies, and mints. Lounge chairs (that I never could figure out how to put the foot rest up on mine, lol), and a separate room with a jet spa and a steam room. Be sure to bring your swimsuit if you would like to utilize either of those. The post-massage prosecco and chocolate were a nice touch, too.

I would 100% do Senses again. I enjoyed every minute of being pampered while I was there.

I went to Senses at GFR back in November and really enjoyed it. I LOVED the bath robes (I nearly bought one for myself, but they're, like, $125 and it was at the start of my trip). They're buttery soft and so cozy. The ladies lounge is nice with two different flavors of spa water, a selection of trail mix, candies, and mints. Lounge chairs (that I never could figure out how to put the foot rest up on mine, lol), and a separate room with a jet spa and a steam room. Be sure to bring your swimsuit if you would like to utilize either of those. The post-massage prosecco and chocolate were a nice touch, too.

I would 100% do Senses again. I enjoyed every minute of being pampered while I was there.
Oh, wow...you've convinced me to book. :)

Just an FYI-Groupon has the Mandara Spa deal that is good through 6/30/18 if anyone is interested. They went fast last time.

I have done both the spa at GF and SSR. SSR was a while ago, when GF spa was being renovated. It seemed very much like the GF spa in what was offered and the decor. I have done the GF spa twice, both times after the remodel. I like them both and would do them again. GF is usually more convenient for me though. The only thing that bothered me a little was some mildew on the waterfall wall in the jacuzzi area tile. It wasn't in the actual jacuzzi though. It's got to be murder to keep mildew out of a Florida hot tub/sauna area though. It was just a little thing.

I have been to Senses at GF and SSR. I must say that I enjoyed the GF a lot, although SSR was lovely. The service and the treatment were professional, the lounge inviting, and the whirlpool area spotless. The CM's were very much aware of where everyone was and made sure that we were all cared for before and after the spa treatments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter