Spa music

rae519

<font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00
I know I should have asked this while at Vista Spa during my last cruise, but I forgot!

Does anyone know the name of the CD that was playing at Vista Spa and if so, is it available?

Obviously, I loved the music!

Thanks!
Rae

I have heard them play an Enya CD (very New Age, with a woman singing), but they also seem to have some others...most particularly one with music that also has water and sea sounds. Was it a "regular" CD or the water sound one? If you're referring to the Enya one, I can check through my CDs and find out the name because I have that one somewhere.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

When I had my massage, they were playing Enya - in fact it was a CD that I own. I can't remember the name of the CD, but it had "Only Time" on it - the song that they superimposed real footage of 9/11 on it ( people talking, news, etc.).

I am familiar with Enya - it wasn't her. But I do love that 9/11 version of "Only Time". I've heard it twice and both times it just gives me goose pimples and tears. How often I think of those poor family members. The survivor stories are incredible (Guideposts has several).

Anyway, the music piped in all over the spa, even to the headphones of my Chakra capsule and at the Rainforest.

Barb, I think it's probably the one you referred to with the water sounds but I do remember a distinct "tinkling" noise something like a windchime. It was soooo relaxing.
I am going in for some surgery Tuesday and was thinking how wonderful it would be to have that CD to relax me.

When I visit Vista Spa, that will be Question #1 - or maybe #2 - I think the first one will be "can I be a demonstration model?!!"

Thank you both for writing me.

Rae

Hi Rae. I have absolutely no idea concerning music with "tinkling." That conjures up quite a different image for yours truly.

Anyway. Just wanted to wish you well with the surgery. Hope it isn't serious.

All the best.

I went on the mother's day cruise this year and they were running a special where you get so many treatments and you get a free cd, and care kit. The cd is exactly what they play in your treatments rooms.

You can buy the cd on board the ship in the spa.

I have it in front of me the title is: "Time to Spa".

There is a web site listed on the case: www.timetospa.com. The cd case has a picture of a person's legs/feet crossed up in the air, with a grayish background.

If you go to the web site go click "Under psychology of sound" section then click on Listen Now. They have samples of the songs that you can listen too on the web site. They are in "mp3" format.

It is $14.99.

There are ten songs on it and the cd play time is 55:25.

Here are the song titles:

One - New Day
Two - Ancient Voices
Three - Harps of Joy
Four - Mystic Autumn
Five - October Sky
Six - Morning Light
Seven - Quiet Time
Eight - The Dream
Nine - Time Travel
Ten - Belltrees of Love

P.S. I was so excited when I played the cd and I heard what I got my massages too.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I Luv Disney Cruise - ohhh, I could just hug you to pieces! Thank you soo very much!!!!!

Buckaroo's Dad - welcome back! I posted a PM for you already!
I thought about that word "tinkling" after I submitted the post - never say we can't have a good laugh on this board!!!! Surgery is going to make a new woman out of me - or at least help to get my "girlish" figure back! You know as we age.....etc, etc., etc. I think you get the idea!

Thank you all very much again for your help -
much love and hugs to all,
Rae

Glad I could help. ;)

It took me a total of four cruises before I realized that I could have that music at home.

I decided to listen to it after I posted my message to you, boy is it relaxing.

:D

Hi Rae I see that you cruised already I hope you had a good time.
I just wanted to wish you well and good luck on your surgery.What a good idea to have a CD there with pleasant relaxing memories.
All the best
Toni

Due to a fluke - oldest son is now on his own - INDEPENDENTLY! We have been able to take a few more vacations than usual. Years ago our vacations were runs to NY to visit my parents, now that Mom is here (widowed), they are different! Tom can't take off as much time from his job, so Mom and of course, my youngest son Michael (7) have time to cruise.

Next one is with DH, DS - 3 night Poly and 4 night Wonder. I knew I couldn't wait to get to Vista Spa to find out what that great relaxing music was.
Thank you everyone for replying and I ordered it last night from the site.

I can just picture you now (I Luv Disney Cruise) kicking back listening to it.

Surgery is something I've wanted for many years and finally decided due to the back, neck and shoulder pain to get. Can't wait till Tuesday and have a whole new body! Well, at least the part I want reduced!!!!

God bless all and have a great autumn!
Rae

on surgery and I hope you come out healthy and happy.

After listening to that cd last night I was ready for bed! ;)

Speaking of children.... my husband and I are going to start trying for a family in December!!!! We are very excited. ;) :D

I hope I will be pregnant when I go on my cruise in May. I am so ready for a family. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thanks Laura!
And best wishes on the "making a family" news! Children are a challenging blessing - always remember that! My only birth child is now 22 years old, Kayla would have been 16 on 2/19 and Michael turned 7 on 5/26/02. Right now, I am feeling all of 47 going on 80! I know that will change but I'm trying to get everything done before the surgery since I'll be unable to do much for 6 weeks post op! But it's what I've wanted for over 35 years, so it's really not that long!

I remember how I felt when I found out I was pregnant! After a long time being unsuccessful - it's tremendous! And the two adoptions were just as wonderful! We received Kayla when she was 5 weeks old and Michael when he was 3 weeks old. Never felt any different about birth/adopted children - all were our blessings!

We will be on the 5/3/03 Eastern!!!! My birthday is 5/19 and Michael is 5/26. My Mom is coming with us since DH has to work.

I can't wait get that CD now - thank you so much!

Rae

My birthday is May 26th also!! My husband's is May 8th.

Thanks for your encouragement about having children. I have a uncle who is adopted. I have always considered him blood related even though he isn't really.

Talk more later.....

Laura

Adopted or biological...children are children! You will know they are yours no matter whose belly they come from! Believe me, I have 6 handpicked sweethearts, so I know!

Someone gave me the following poem once....it says it all!

Not blood of my blood, nor bone of my bone
But nevertheless, one of my own
Never forget for a single minute
You weren't born under my heart, but in it

Best of luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter