• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

spa

Captain Canada

Earning My Ears
I’m wondering what services people have tried at Aulani’s spa. I’m considering the ultra ageless facial. I would love to hear from others who have tried the spa. Thanks!

We did the couples massage and loved everything about it. It was a pretty typical swedish massage, but the amenities and hydrotherapy gardens kicked everything up a notch. We thought it was priced pretty well, comparable to other high end spas, yet it had more amenities offered other than the treatment itself.

The Signature Lomilomi. Like the pp mentioned, it definitely was the amenities and hydrotherapy garden that made the spa experience amazing. Go at least an hour earlier to enjoy the amenities. I know you can stay after your treatment but I like to enjoy the hydrotherapy before my massage.

Do you have more information on the hydrotherapy gardens? I have an appt. later this month for a massage but hadn't considered the hydroptherapy pools. Are they the standard cold plunge/whirlpools that most spas have or do the pools have unique features?

I've done the Lomilomi and my wife has done a facial/something else. We both really enjoyed our time in the spa. Agree with the pp's that you should go early so you can enjoy the amenities. Yes, they have cold and hot pools, a variety of showers, a quiet relaxing area, and you can use the sauna/steam room as well.

I would definitely recommend a treatment that includes access to the hydrotherapy gardens. I felt it was the nicest part of the Resort.

We had a family of five so it’s a pricey day. the least expensive way to to get two days access is to purchase a package. I think it includes a couples massage one day and a personal trainer the next. We ended up doing just one day and the lomi lomi signature massages and everyone in my family loved them.

Once you leave the spa you can’t return so plan spa for days you have time to take advantage of the hydrotherapy gardens.

We had a late night departure so I booked spa on check out day. Checked out, Gave everything to bell service and then enjoyed the pools. Did spa in the afternoon and then took our time getting ready and using the therapy gardens. A nice relaxing end to vacation.

Are they the standard cold plunge/whirlpools that most spas have or do the pools have unique features?
There are more of them. There is the hot plunge pool and the warm plunge pool, and then around the corner you find a beautiful jacuzzi and a very small cold plunge pool. There is also the shower circle, where you can tour a series of showers with different types of spray. And the area itself is just beautiful, with the birds singing and a tropical breeze blowing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter