Space 220

akmac57

MapleMickeyEars
Does anyone thing ADRs will be available for August 2020 at Space 220 in the comings months?

Quick answer NO
Want to join in some fun about this subject? Pop over to THIS THREAD
I've been watching since our trip because it was supposed to open "in late 2019" that then moved to "winter 2019" to just "winter" to "January" then a specific-ish date in Feb which then became March. Now? Yeah, they broke a window that's so large it can only be replaced by REMOVING THE ROOF! Once it DOES finally open they will more than likely have weeks of soft-openings that will involve taking only walk-ups and then eventually, without warning, ADRs will open up.

I was watching for our Feb trip, but I gave up a while back.

A few years ago, I followed along with a Rivers of Light watch group pretty closely. We were all positive that it would open in time for our trips. If I remember correctly, it was months and months late. It was fun, but totally time consuming to watch so closely!

I was watching for our Feb trip, but I gave up a while back.

A few years ago, I followed along with a Rivers of Light watch group pretty closely. We were all positive that it would open in time for our trips. If I remember correctly, it was months and months late. It was fun, but totally time consuming to watch so closely!
YES! and that RoL has been drawn into the Space thread because a LOT of the same people are haunting this new one!
This is one of the best posts about THAT

(AP)--
Authorities connected with the rumored Space 220 restaurant at Epcot have reportedly leaked plans for a tele-transport system similar to the one used in the Star Trek universe. As a special booking category available at 220 days for AP holders, this "beaming" device will allow space travelers to not only eat reconstituted freeze-dried filet mignon, space suit soup, and moon dust mousse, but they can follow that with a light speed trip over to special seating at Rivers of Light. Further, Disney officials released that the Rivers of Light (or ROL) extravaganza has been transformed into a magical light saber show that takes place on Dagobah between Yoda and indigenous life forms of that swampy planet. Disney sources say that they are working on a way to keep the surcharge for the "interstellar meal and entertainment spectacular" at a moderate price point, roughly the equivalent of an Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour. Sources further said that guests should stay tuned for more news on Space 220 that should be forthcoming in the next several months.

YES! and that RoL has been drawn into the Space thread because a LOT of the same people are haunting this new one!

(AP)--
Authorities connected with the rumored Space 220 restaurant at Epcot have reportedly leaked plans for a tele-transport system similar to the one used in the Star Trek universe. As a special booking category available at 220 days for AP holders, this "beaming" device will allow space travelers to not only eat reconstituted freeze-dried filet mignon, space suit soup, and moon dust mousse, but they can follow that with a light speed trip over to special seating at Rivers of Light. Further, Disney officials released that the Rivers of Light (or ROL) extravaganza has been transformed into a magical light saber show that takes place on Dagobah between Yoda and indigenous life forms of that swampy planet. Disney sources say that they are working on a way to keep the surcharge for the "interstellar meal and entertainment spectacular" at a moderate price point, roughly the equivalent of an Ultimate Disney Classics VIP Tour. Sources further said that guests should stay tuned for more news on Space 220 that should be forthcoming in the next several months.

Amazing!!

The RoL thread was a blast. I remember people making t-shirts and badges for the "RoL watch group." The thread was almost worth the incredible delays!!

Amazing!!

The RoL thread was a blast. I remember people making t-shirts and badges for the "RoL watch group." The thread was almost worth the incredible delays!!
Oh I was part of that madness. The thread was definitely more entertaining than the show ended up being. :rotfl2:
In fact I think I was actually on to planning a second trip before that show finally opened. It was mind boggling. And no wonder people disliked it so much.. Walt himself would have had to come back from the dead to narrate the show for people to not have been disappointed. The build up was ridiculous.

I am going in December 2020. Hope it’s open by then. It’s still a few months before ADR opens for booking and I will stalk that thread then.

(AP)--

Thanks for this info. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the River of Lights show?

Thanks for this info. Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the River of Lights show?
We did the dining package and enjoyed the show. But we are not planning to watch it again during our upcoming trip. DD is not interested to watch it again, but request to watch Fantasmic every time we visit. So, I think you should at least watch it once. I prefer Fantasmic too!

welllll ... in the interest of being 100% honest .. DON"T KNOW! We rarely stay in AK long enough to even try to see it. I find that park to be overly busy even on a quiet day and we're gone before dark most times. This year was different though because i had to see Pandora glowing!

20200126_190737.jpg

Any updated guesses on when (or if) this will ever open? It seems like forever ago when we were all discussing it and upset that it did not make the original opening date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter