• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Space for crib in BWV 1bdrm

riggins

You can't always get what you want, but if you try
I'll be going to WDW in April with my DH and 9-month old DD. We will be staying in a 1-bdrm at BWV. My DD has a hard time falling asleep if there are a lot of distractions. I'd like to find a nice corner in the villa to set up her crib. When I look at the floorplan , it looks like the "foyer" space might be a nice "cubby" for her pack and play (although it will block us from getting out easily). It also looks like the walk-in closet is pretty spacious (gasp! . . . put the baby in the closet!!). Can anyone who has been there tell me anything about a good place for the crib that still allows us to use the rest of the villa without waking her?

Thanks!

When we stayed there we put the pack and play in the bedroom area between the bed and the doors to the balcony. It was a good spot because there weren't any living room, bathroom, noises on that end and the drapes block out the light really good.

We still had the whole living room/kitchen area to be in without disturbing him.

Riggins,
My friend DVCajun just got back from WDW and was in a studio at BW, she put her one year old son in a crib in that very nook (by the door) but beware, she said the maid walked in the room when she had the DND sign on the door. The maid didn't wake up the baby but obviously didn't pay attention to the sign on the door. So just be careful :) You can find that thread somewhere I think on the DVC forum under Kudos and Complaints at BW.

Hi,

We stayed in the 1 BR BWV last summer with our then 21 month old and we put the pack-n- play in the walk-in closet. It was like she had her own little room--it either had a sliding or pocket type door, so we just left it shut enough to keep it dim. It really worked out nicely because the rest of us (4 adults) could move around, go to the bathroom, take showers, cook, watch tv, etc and DD was undisturbed. It was like her own cozy little nook and no one tripped over the pack-n-play. Worked out great!

Hope this helps,
Jen

it sounds bad (see above post), but the closet is huge and we didn't use it for any of our clothes! We used the nook in the foyer for stroller parking and kept it unfolded and ready to go, restocked with diapers, wipes and snacks every night so I didn't have to go looking for everything in the am!

Jen

Hi Jen-
Thanks for the info on the closet. I was hoping it would be big enough (it looks like it on the floorplan). I think we will all be happier if she has her own little place. Glad to know I'm not the only mom who wants to put her kid in a closet while on vacation!! LOL.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter