Space Mountain and Matterhorn

Yes, please explain what you do to brace yourself :) Going to DL for the first time in June 2019 and want to ride it, but want to avoid the bumps, jerks, headaches, etc...:)
Haha, not sure I can explain it well enough
I’m almost lifting my self off the seat with my arms and legs. My arms are either grabbing the side rails or the big bar in front of the sled and my legs are as far to the side as I can get them and planted firmly on th ground, almost lifting myself off the ground. This seems to make it so my arms and legs absorb the force of the movements and my body, spine and head are not jostled around. I would always get a headache and my back would be so sore after riding the Matterhorn but by really really bracing myself it’s made the ride Pain free. And I always ride the Tomorrowland side

I liked Space Mountain here way better than MK. I think it's a lot less jerky and sitting side by side in the wider cars with 4 to a car really helps. Matterhorn is AWFUL imo - way worse than Space Mountain at MK. I actually did not like that ride at all and will never go on it again. It was way too jerky and terribly boring. It reminded me of a coaster at an old school carnival or something. I get that it's a fixture in the park and there's a nostalgia factor for a lot of people but I would be happy to see that go or repurposed into something new and modern.

I liked Space Mountain here way better than MK. I think it's a lot less jerky and sitting side by side in the wider cars with 4 to a car really helps. Matterhorn is AWFUL imo - way worse than Space Mountain at MK. I actually did not like that ride at all and will never go on it again. It was way too jerky and terribly boring. It reminded me of a coaster at an old school carnival or something. I get that it's a fixture in the park and there's a nostalgia factor for a lot of people but I would be happy to see that go or repurposed into something new and modern.

You're def entitled to your opinion, but most people do not want to see a Walt Disney original (also the first tubular steel coaster in the world) like this go anywhere. I don't think it's the best ride in the park, but it's my favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter