Space Mountain is OPEN!!

Yes, the Wheelchair line is awesome and can now accomodate up to three wheel chair parties at time, depending on the size of each party and how many wheelchairs are in each party as well.

Can anyone tell me what the height requirement is? I can't remember. Thanks!

They told us when we rode on Thursday (June 30th) that they were going to have a soft opening for the weekend but that it won’t officially open until the second week of July.

We arrived at the park about 9:15a.m. on the 4th of July and made a bee line to Space Mountain. To my surprise the wait time was listed at 30 minutes, but the actual wait time wound up being 20 minutes. Boy, it was a lot of fun! Definitely, a smoother ride. :Pinkbounc

I rode it Wednesday. I needed something to take my mind off the London bombings (still hadn't heard from my boyfriend or best friend, along with anyone else, at that point!) Posted time of 50 minutes, took about 35. It was awesome! I don't like that the new cars don't have head rests - I think I remember the old ones having them? Maybe I am just imagining that. Like on Screamin', where you can rest your head in between the speakers, I much prefer that. But it was still a lot of fun and its exciting to have it back.

We rode on Saturday, 7/9. It wasn't open at the beginning of the day; we checked back several times and found it open around 4pm with a 90-minute wait - no FastPasses during the "soft opening." Went back after dinner (around 8:30) and found a 65-minute posted wait time; it only took 50 minutes, and the ride was FANTASTIC! Very dark and disorienting, but smooth and fast. Great lighting effects, but for the most part it was inky blackness with just stars all around. I wish the line wasn't so long because we still had attractions to hit in the park, but at least we got on! HIGHLY recommended!

I rode it on the 1st. We had heard the buzz around the park that it was open, so we went over to Tomorrowland around dinner time, and it was 'temporairly closed' so we decided to have some dinner and check back to see if it was running. Sure enough, it was. Wait time said 75 minutes... was not that at all. Less than an hour, i'd say around 50min. Woulda been shorter, but it was shut down for 10min. That helped, for alot of people left the line.

I had never been on the original, but I have been on WDW's SpMt. And I liked this one much better. So much smoother, and it was basically complete darkness, which I like. In WDW, you can see most of the track and I didn't really like that. Here, you can't so it's even more unexpected where you go next!

So happy we decided to wait for it!

I just left the NFFC convention in Garden Grove today. Yesterday we had a special preview of Space Mountain, were given Space Mountain preview tshirts and a Space Mountain hat. I don't do well on coasters, but I did ride it and I loved it. Two parts freaked me out a little, the feeling of spinning 360 degrees and the last sharp left turn. It was fun.

I find it really amazing you got a preview of Mission Space here in CA--it's in Florida. Space Mountain and Mission Space are two completely different attractions.

Rock It Mountain will be a special night time version, with different special effects and music. It doesn't look like it will be going for at least several months (I've heard next May).

I went on Space Mountain last night 3 times in a row, it was spectacular, incredibly smooth, soundtrack was great. The 3rd time we rode the sound went out and was eerily quiet through the whole ride.

I had missed space mountain, I am so glad its back and it is better than ever!

:3dglasses

iceskatejen said:
Rock It Mountain will be a special night time version, with different special effects and music. It doesn't look like it will be going for at least several months (I've heard next May).

The official site for Grad Nite at Disneyland has a promotional video online that says that Grad Nite attendees will be among the first to experience RockIt Mountain. Here's a link to the site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter