Space Mountain with the lights on

ron777

Earning My Ears
During my August 2000 visit to disney world I got to see what Space Mountain looks like with the lights on. I have to say it was quite an experience to see the track surrounded by lights. But what was cool about the whole thing was seeing how much track they can put in the building only 180 ft high and 300 ft in diameter. I can't wait until I come back in July to see and ride Space Mountain :cool: :earsboy:

Ron,

I saw the same thing a few trips back. It was a nice surprise to find the lights on and see the inside. [Well, at least until I realized that meant I couldn't ride it!]

But I didn't have my camera with me that day!! I really regretted missing a photo of the lighted innards of Space Mountain!

-- Harry

Sounds interesting, but I'd rather not know. I think it would ruin it for me. Although I do still resent the fact that Space Mountain has been "lightened" up. In the mid to late 70's, it was much darker in there. Now you can see portions of the track when you ride. Enough that you feel like you might have your head taken off by a piece of overhead track. I liked complete blackness better.

I loved Space Mountain with the lights on!! Wasn't scary at all! I hated it with the lights out. Scared me to death. Won't be going on it again!

We got some video of it in Dec 2000 with the lights on as we were riding the TTA - very interesting. We videotaped the whole TTA journey so if it goes to "Yesterland" we'll have our virtual TTA trip in the future.

yes its really cool - i never got actually stuck on the ride with the lights turning on , i only saw it three or four times on TTA.. its really cool

I found this video of Space Mountain with the lights on. It's SM at Disneyland, but you get the picture. I was always too chicken to ride until I saw this video. I read somewhere that you feel like you're going faster not only because it's dark, but also because they blow fans at you to feel like the wind. Well, I finally rode in December and it wasn't bad at all.

Here's the video: http://www.intercotwest.com/gallery/mSpace.asp

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter