SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now watching we arrive March 28th and this restaurant is on the top of our list...really the only restaurant on our list this trip...lol.
Same! Going end of April and did not book any table service but would be very excited to be able to add Space 220 to my schedule!

Dippin'Dots?

I know it's stupid but I love dippin dots so so much. I had all kinds of goofy ideas for desserts though.

A cheesecake/mousse solar system: Little half domes in different planet colors on one plate. Each could have a different flavor inside and chocolate rings for orbits.
Spicy Mercury: A chili chocolate molten cake with a popping rock candy finish.
Moonpie: A fancy whoopie pie with mango 'craters'.
Deep space truffles: Different flavor truffles flash frozen at your table with dry ice.
And maybe a planetary core sample: Tasty crepe cake with more than thirty layers and mousse in between. It changes flavor the deeper into the cake you go.

I am counting down the days till I can make my reservations (Sunday, waking up at 2:50 a.m. westcoast time). I'm just frustrated that I can't make the reservation for our Epcot day in May, 2020.
Now where is that Pixie Magic?

I confess I had to google Dippin'Dots as we don't have them on this side of the ocean but I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that on the menu! And @DuskKodesh: WOW! You've really thought it through! Cannot wait what direction they will actually go with this!

So looks like a bit of updating to the positions posted at the Patina website for Space 220. No longer do they have the post up for Executive Chef (so I assume they foudn one or at least have enough candidates). Now there are positings for Sous Chef, Front of House Team Member, Restaurant Manager, and Culinary Team Member. No idea on turnaround time but this seems like a positive direction at least

So looks like a bit of updating to the positions posted at the Patina website for Space 220. No longer do they have the post up for Executive Chef (so I assume they foudn one or at least have enough candidates). Now there are positings for Sous Chef, Front of House Team Member, Restaurant Manager, and Culinary Team Member. No idea on turnaround time but this seems like a positive direction at least

View attachment 453780
I'm not in the restaurant business, is having these key positions unfilled a month before the scheduled opening a normal thing?

Now watching we arrive March 28th and this restaurant is on the top of our list...really the only restaurant on our list this trip...lol.
Space restaurant. "Top of our list"

I see what you did there. Well played.

I'm not in the restaurant business, is having these key positions unfilled a month before the scheduled opening a normal thing?

My initial thoughts when the Executive Chef position was posted was that it was for compliance requirements. They most likely had a person identified and needed to go through the formal posting and interview requirements before making a formal offer to their candidate.

The Sous, FOH, and team member positions would be pretty easy to train and get up and running quickly.

The Restaurant Manager position is more like a Shift Manager according to their job spec. Shouldn't be too difficult as well.

I wonder if we will be getting a menu announcement soon now that the Head Chef has been supposedly locked in? I am so hoping this is open in time for the New Years week.

Anyone know how quickly new restaurants get added to TIW? Especially if not Disney ones?

Anyone know how quickly new restaurants get added to TIW? Especially if not Disney ones?

I believe it is 6 months to a year typically - often depending on popularity of the restaurant. If not super crowded they would add it earlyish

For example, Skipper Canteen opened on Dec 16 2015 and started taking TiW on Aug 8th 2016

Just putting that "popularity" caveat on there as I could see it taking longer if this place proves to be as popular as we think it will be

Tables in Wonderland - the dining discount card annual passholders, DVC, and Florida residents can get - gives you 20% off meals, up to 10 people, including alcohol ... BUT not eligible at new restaurants (usualyl takes 6 months or so after opening for it to be applicable) and some other limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter