SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully if it’s a February opening, they’ll start taking reservations soon. We loved our meal at the Edison. Since it’s the same group, I’m betting we’ll love this one too.

We are going in early April so following along to see when and if they start taking reservations for this!

First week of April for us as well.

My guess is they'll open 2/20/20. I mean why not? Thats too hard to pass up - but that may be the official opening date. May be running a soft opening the week or two prior to work out the kinks.

Also - when the reservation calendar does open up for 220, I wouldn't be surprised if it appears there are no tables available for any dates for the first 24-48 hours. I just landed a Frozen Ever After Dessert Party reservation in April that I had been waiting to open up for weeks. Was checking several times every day. The dates finally came online yesterday, but nothing was available to book until today. My guess is they have to run some system testing for newly released events/restaurants before they are released to the public. Just a guess.

Loving how everyone is digging up all sorts of little tidbits related to the opening. Nothing better than shared obsessions!

How long was Be Our Guest open until dinner became a prix fixe menu? Not saying Space 220 will have the same fate but with a restaurant having this much hype because of the experience of being there its kind of hard to not expect tons of people making "cupcake" reservations.

How long was Be Our Guest open until dinner became a prix fixe menu? Not saying Space 220 will have the same fate but with a restaurant having this much hype because of the experience of being there its kind of hard to not expect tons of people making "cupcake" reservations.

About 6 years.

Oh man, this is agonizing.... we have a trip planned Feb. 15-22, and a big reason was because we figured Space 220 would be open by then. We have Epcot as our first two days, but what do you all think - should we reconfigure to move these park days to the end?

Oh man, this is agonizing.... we have a trip planned Feb. 15-22, and a big reason was because we figured Space 220 would be open by then. We have Epcot as our first two days, but what do you all think - should we reconfigure to move these park days to the end?

We're going that week too. I'm thinking that it won't be open by then, but if so, I'm prepared to switch my Epcot days to try it out.

Does anyone with experience in the restaurant industry have a sense for what this means for the stage the restaurant is at? I'm wondering how far in advance would you hire this kind of staff...

When my husband started at a restaurant that was brand new (this was a couple of years ago) the FOH staff was brought on about 2 months ahead of their soft opening. Another local restaurant closed down, was purchased by a larger restaurant group and remodeled, and they brought on FOH staff about a month before soft opening. I imagine a lot depends on the structure of the managing group (a larger restaurant group likely has existing training/policies/logistics in place) and the dining experience itself (something like Space220 might require more onboarding than say Applebees or a local pub). But if they're hiring FOH staff it's pretty likely they're within a month or two of soft opening, maybe a hair longer for "official" opening.

Does anyone with experience in the restaurant industry have a sense for what this means for the stage the restaurant is at? I'm wondering how far in advance would you hire this kind of staff...
I was a waitress years ago, and one new restaurant I was hired about 3 weeks before opening. My guess given that I expect Disney probably want a bit more onboarding than the small-town restaurant I was hired for is that they would probably want a bit more time than that. I would around 4-6 weeks.

Beaches and Cream opened up their reservations September 19th for their end of December re-opening. Even though this isn't a re-opening, I'm surprised they are waiting until this close to opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter