SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all you who have paid attention to new restaurant openings closely before, do you think they will announce when we can make ADRs ahead of time or do I need to start looking at 7:00 every morning as we think they could be releasing them soon? We are going to Epcot on 3/9, and I really want to get a dining reservation.

It was discussed in previous pages that the last handful of new restaurants opened without ADRs. If they are going to have ADRs, they will probably announce when they will be available. I’d think they’ll post the information whenever the release the menu and opening date.

I’d be surprised if this isn’t a signature restaurant. Also could see this being a fixed priced menu at least for breakfast/dinner.
It will absolutely have to be fixed price or something ... otherwise people will make reservations for the experience and make a minimal order. Not judging, but it's the way of the world that restaurant can only stay open and be successful if their per table income is optimized.

It will absolutely have to be fixed price or something ... otherwise people will make reservations for the experience and make a minimal order. Not judging, but it's the way of the world that restaurant can only stay open and be successful if their per table income is optimized.

Yeah, Disney has to expect the same thing will happen here that happened with Be Our Guest. People will absolutely be making reservations to order "cupcakes" just to get the experience.

Yeah, Disney has to expect the same thing will happen here that happened with Be Our Guest. People will absolutely be making reservations to order "cupcakes" just to get the experience.
I would so much rather see a minimum per table than a fixed price. Not everyone dines the same way. We like appetizers & salads before the main course and almost never get desert. Add a few cocktails & a bottle of wine and we have quite a check. So we want good food & good service. And flexibly in how we order.

please disney. Do not make this fixed price. Find another way. Give those of us who appreciate a great dinner a place to go!

I would so much rather see a minimum per table than a fixed price. Not everyone dines the same way. We like appetizers & salads before the main course and almost never get desert. Add a few cocktails & a bottle of wine and we have quite a check. So we want good food & good service. And flexibly in how we order.

please disney. Do not make this fixed price. Find another way. Give those of us who appreciate a great dinner a place to go!

100% agree. We don't like fixed price menus either.

It was discussed in previous pages that the last handful of new restaurants opened without ADRs. If they are going to have ADRs, they will probably announce when they will be available. I’d think they’ll post the information whenever the release the menu and opening date.
When Oga’s started taking ADRs, they did post about it on the disney site, but after the reservations had been open a little while that morning. I found out about it because I subscribe to a blog that emailed about it before the official disney parks post.

I really just want this to be open already and taking ADR's. I'm the type that has been planning my Disney trip for 9 months at this point, which is part of my Honeymoon in April. Our entire lives and wedding is space themed, so this place was the perfect compliment. The delays and lack of information are killing me at this point. Regardless of the menu or cuisine I'm going to be eating here. I am perfect fine with fast food quality food. I just like the concept and experience of the restaurant.

I am the same way, and I am only planning our vacation, not my honeymoon!CONGRATS on the upcoming wedding!!!! We will celebrate 17 years this July, and our honeymoon was my first Disney trip.....and the whole time I thought Magic Kingdom and Sea World were the only Disney parks! 😂😂😂😂 I have learned a LOT since then! I hope you both have many, many happy years to come!!!

I agree. Sometimes I don’t like the entree’s and get an appetizer as my meal, and then a dessert. My husband always orders a bigger dinner, so we aren’t going to make an ADR for cupcakes ( to me that’s a waste of time, money, etc just for experience)

I mean, I'd rather it just be regular TS with no snack credit options. That way it is 1 credit and affordable to those not on the plan. Not every cool new experience/restaurant has to be signature or Prix fixed.
That may help with those on the dining plan, but doesn't solve the problem for those that aren't. If they have a $10 dessert on the menu, people will come in and order just that (snack credit or not).
Edit: Not to mention, the cupcake wasn't a snack credit at dinner when BOG opened anyways. Snack credits aren't available at TS. The problem was just people coming in and ordering just cupcakes (OOP).

That may help with those on the dining plan, but doesn't solve the problem for those that aren't. If they have a $10 dessert on the menu, people will come in and order just that (snack credit or not).
Edit: Not to mention, the cupcake wasn't a snack credit at dinner when BOG opened anyways. Snack credits aren't available at TS. The problem was just people coming in and ordering just cupcakes (OOP).

I guess I just don't see that as too much of an issue to be honest with you. If I'm spending literally thousands of dollars for this vacation and I make a reservation at a restaurant and I just want to sit there for a bit, enjoy the ambiance and a little snack, why shouldn't I be able to? To my knowledge this isn't AYCTE or anything of that nature.

I understand it will be a covered experience, but the coveted part right now cannot be the food as we have no clue what the menu looks like. Why is it a problem for a family to come in and order a couple of appetizers versus a couple ordering two 3 course meals? Who decides what is appropriate?

In these situations where lines are drawn, it is always those who cannot or are unwilling to, afford such an experience that miss out. I don't want to speculate any further. I just want to say I don't care what any person on this board chooses to order for their meals/snacks/drinks in Disney or elsewhere. You enjoying your experience in no way effects me enjoying mine, even if we choose to do things differently.

In these situations where lines are drawn, it is always those who cannot or are unwilling to, afford such an experience that miss out. I don't want to speculate any further. I just want to say I don't care what any person on this board chooses to order for their meals/snacks/drinks in Disney or elsewhere. You enjoying your experience in no way effects me enjoying mine, even if we choose to do things differently.
I totally agree that what one family does has no impact on another, but the reality is the it does impact the restaurants bottomline and the income of the servers who rely on tips. That doesn't mean a restaurant shouldn't allow people to order just dessert, but it's just one other thing to consider. I also hate prefix meals because I like to do things my way, but I can understand why Disney sometimes has to go this route with character meals or venues that are beyond the normal level of experience. Do we know if this is a Disney owned restaurant? I am assuming it is....

I guess I just don't see that as too much of an issue to be honest with you. If I'm spending literally thousands of dollars for this vacation and I make a reservation at a restaurant and I just want to sit there for a bit, enjoy the ambiance and a little snack, why shouldn't I be able to? To my knowledge this isn't AYCTE or anything of that nature.

I understand it will be a covered experience, but the coveted part right now cannot be the food as we have no clue what the menu looks like. Why is it a problem for a family to come in and order a couple of appetizers versus a couple ordering two 3 course meals? Who decides what is appropriate?

Totally agree with you - not within the scope of this thread to decide what is appropriate.

I just think that given the amount of anticipate/interest in this restaurant, it makes sense for WDW to maximize revenue by making this signature and/or fixed price.

I totally agree that what one family does has no impact on another, but the reality is the it does impact the restaurants bottomline and the income of the servers who rely on tips. That doesn't mean a restaurant shouldn't allow people to order just dessert, but it's just one other thing to consider. I also hate prefix meals because I like to do things my way, but I can understand why Disney sometimes has to go this route with character meals or venues that are beyond the normal level of experience. Do we know if this is a Disney owned restaurant? I am assuming it is....

I get what you are saying too. But when it comes to families just ordering appetizers or desserts or whatever, they are likely in and out in a fraction of the time compared to people ordering full meals. Higher turnover rate, more opportunity for tips. If it were to be a super expensive restaurant that is 2 credits, it would be nice if Disney could implement booking tiers. Full meals v. Snacking that way they can adequately plan the amount of time guests will spend.

From what we have been told, it's not disney owned, its the same group that does a bunch of the other on property restaurants but not disney itself.

I don't mind prixe fixe if they can be flexible/give more choices... or sub out a dessert for something else etc. I know that gets to be more work for the kitchen, but it would make for happier people since not everyone wants dessert or wants an appetizer etc..

I just don't like the 2 credit idea, since even with a cool experience, it's hard to justify that without characters, without a sword/wishing star/picture with cinderella etc. that I expect for the 2 credits at CRT... I haven't done any of other signature dining, since I feel like those places aren't really geared towards our young kids... but a space restaurant seems more family oriented, not romantic expensive dinner.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. Personally I could care less what other people order and I myself would much prefer the flexibility of ordering multiple apps and drinks, or whatever, versus a fixed price meal. I was just responding to other posters who mentioned that Space will likely be price fixed based on the situation that occurred at BOG with people just ordering cupcakes. I do think Disney will try to prevent that from happening again by either making Space a fixed price or setting a per person minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter