Spaceship Earth to close for 2+ years?

SSE is a MUST DO for my family's trips. Usually we do EPCOT after our races. If SSE does indeed shut down for 2+ years I will be bummed. While I was straight out "NOPE!" when I read the rumors, I do think a few areas of upgrade would be nice. Our next trip isn't until 2021 but if SSE is shut down for those + years, it would mean our next ride would take place in 2023. Hmmmm.....

As long as they still have the animatronics and Dame Judi Dench I'll be fine with whatever they do.

As long as they still have the animatronics and Dame Judi Dench I'll be fine with whatever they do.
I personally prefer Jeremy irons over her, but a good chunk of that is because I think the irons ride was better overall. But nothing like the villain of die hard 3 giving you a tour of mankind :rolleyes:

Will the new ride still be Spaceship Earth, but different? Anyone know what Disney is striving for, here?

I worry they are switching totally from mainly educational to all entertainment at Epcot-I know many things in all four parks are "educational", but still-I hope some of the content in the new ride is something that people can enjoy yet learn from at the same time.

I personally prefer Jeremy irons over her, but a good chunk of that is because I think the irons ride was better overall. But nothing like the villain of die hard 3 giving you a tour of mankind :rolleyes:

I was hoping their next announcer would be Neil Degrasse Tyson, but that's out of the question now.

Sir Patrick Stewart please??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!