Speak Easy Craft Cocktail tasting

Peter Mac

Earning My Ears
Hi
Has anyone indulged in the Speak easy Craft Cocktail tasting at Reunion Station?
We have signed up for one on our visit in September but are worried that it won't be to our taste.
The Bourbon tasting at Top of the World Lounge was great but we had a terrible experience on the Dream with sweet, sickly Martinis!
Any incite greatly appreciated.

We went in July last year. I’ll link a photo to our “setup”. The event was/is hosted by bartenders from Geyser Point. As I recall they chose the drinks we made and they were similar to classic cocktails but with a creative twist. We recall 2 or perhaps 3 drinks (sorry, sketchy memory) all of which were sweet although not overly so. On at least one they suggested simple syrup to taste, or none at all. We also put one drink in the smoker. There was discussion about how and for what to use the various tools, shaking versus stirring, some history of cocktails etc. As you can see there was charcuterie for snacking on. We had a nice time and thought it similar to other tasting events we have been to. Oh, and we came away with etched DVC tumblers.

Attachments

• 1FF62453-9A73-4214-B9CC-81A79A9FE46C.jpeg
    1FF62453-9A73-4214-B9CC-81A79A9FE46C.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for this, it looks interesting. We had a great time at the Bourbon tasting a couple of years ago so thought we’d give this a go, but were worried as we don’t like sweet, fruity cocktails. Truth is, we like to taste the liquor!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter