Speaking of Today’s Tech...New Kindle!

wenrob

DIS Veteran
New Kindle Oasis! Larger screen, waterproof, Audible enabled, more font choices, BOLD font choices, adaptive lighting, white on black option, physical buttons. I do not need another Kindle, my Voyage works just fine but I preordered one because I’m a sucker for new gadgets.
https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/11/amazon-new-kindle-oasis/

I’m most excited about the larger display, bold font and adaptive lighting. Before I got the Voyage I’d still been using a Kindle Keyboard and the Voyage has always felt too small to me. I didn’t really consider the last Oasis because it didn’t have the adaptive lighting and that’s my favorite part of the Voyage. Don’t read near pools or in the bath but I do use my Kindle or iPad for recipes in the kitchen so there’s a little more protection there.

Anyone else getting one?

What’s the adaptive lighting?
The new one looks neat, but for me the paper white is sufficient for my needs.

What’s the adaptive lighting?
The new one looks neat, but for me the paper white is sufficient for my needs.
There is a sensor that adapts to the lighting where you are. I tend to carry my “book” from room to room. Rather than having to constantly adjust my brightness to where I am and then back, the Kindle does it for me. It’s a small thing but handy and you quickly get spoiled by it.

I like it but it’s too expensive for me. I like my Nook Glowlight... But I will be asking DH for a Kindle Paperwhite for Christmas :)
I did the 5 months/5 payments thing so it wouldn’t hurt all at once, lol. We don’t exchange gifts anymore, just kind of get ourselves something nice and totally not needed occasionally.

I was oohing and aaahing over this yesterday! Always been a fan of the Oasis, especially the ergonomic design. We have an Amazon bookstore nearby, I'll have to drop in and covet a little :)

But I admit my Paperwhite is still in perfect condition and not yet 2 years old.

I saw the new one, but don't NEED it. :)

I have my original plain Kindle (don't even remember what it's really called, I think it was one of the first they came out with) and my Kindle Fire. I also have an iPad and a Nextbook so I really don't need any more electronic stuff.

Ooooh I’m tempted! I am still using my kindle keyboard. I didn’t like several generations of kindle so never upgraded but this one has me tempted...

I saw the new one, but don't NEED it. :)

I have my original plain Kindle (don't even remember what it's really called, I think it was one of the first they came out with) and my Kindle Fire. I also have an iPad and a Nextbook so I really don't need any more electronic stuff.
Oh absolutely don’t need it, haha. I swear Amazon read my thoughts on what it would take to get me to splurge on an Oasis though. I heard bigger display and adaptive lighting and I was all in.

Ooooh I’m tempted! I am still using my kindle keyboard. I didn’t like several generations of kindle so never upgraded but this one has me tempted...
A front lit Kindle will change your life. Or at least make for a great reading experience. With the Voyage I can read in a dim or even dark room. With the keyboard you could land planes in my living room I had so many lights on. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter