Special celebration - how can I notify the restaurants?

ilanakan

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

On our upcoming January trip we'll be celebrating a couple of birthdays and my 25th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to notify some of the restaurants we'll be eating at (Cali Grill, BOG, Raglan Road) that we are celebrating these occasions. Is there any way to do it through MDE? We are in Australia, so calling is slightly problematic due to time difference. Is it possible to notify prior to our reservation, when in Orlando already?

Hi all,

On our upcoming January trip we'll be celebrating a couple of birthdays and my 25th wedding anniversary.

I wanted to notify some of the restaurants we'll be eating at (Cali Grill, BOG, Raglan Road) that we are celebrating these occasions. Is there any way to do it through MDE? We are in Australia, so calling is slightly problematic due to time difference. Is it possible to notify prior to our reservation, when in Orlando already?

I think you need to call. Or you can notify the cast member who checks you in at the podium. But be prepared for them not to acknowledge your anniversary. They don't always do it. I was celebrating a birthday and a graduation a few years ago and it was pretty hit or miss. It was mostly acknowledged at character meals for me; I got a few free cupcakes and a couple cards signed by the characters. There are just way too many people celebrating things every day in WDW.

Make sure you stop by Guest Services, your onsite hotel desk, or the shops on Main Street to get your Anniversary button! :D

Hi all,

If calling from Australia is problematic, you could definitely wait until you land in Orlando and then simply call the Disney Dining line and ask them to note the celebrations on all of your reservations. As PP's have said, restaurants actually acknowledging the celebrations is sort of hit-or-miss, but it can't hurt to make the note!

I agree with PP. Don’t expect anything special for your celebrations. Way too many were expecting things so basically they have stopped. They even no longer provide cakes you order and pay for in the Theme Park Restaurants. Anniversary buttons are a great idea. You will get lots of Well Wishes.

We always make sure it is on our resort reservations. We almost always use The Walt Disney Travel Company (TWDTC) and they always ask if we are celebrating something. When I tell them anniversary or birthday, we is linked to our reservations and we have never had to call or tell the restaurants as they can see it on your reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!