Special Celebration Ideas

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I'm sure there are tons of threads with ideas, but I've got a bit of special situation.

Dad fell and is partially paralyzed - he can move and walk short distances, but needs help/care 24-7. We're going to Disney next July. I'm trying to come up with things he and my mother can do together. Basically, a thank you from him to her for being serious about that "in sickness and in health" vow.

She's not a ride person, and he now has some serious physical limitations. He's not a foodie and will likely eat the kid's menu. I thought about a spa day, but I really don't know if he will be able to get a massage with his physical injuries.

We are staying at BLT (they stayed at the Contemporary in 1976 for their honeymoon). The plan was to focus on just two parks, MK and Epcot, and have a slow relaxing vacation. But I'm a little stumped on what they can do together, separate from me and DD2, that would allow him to spoil her. Ideas?

I'm wondering if maybe the new Cirque Show would be good (though we would go too), or maybe Hoop de Doo? Or maybe we should do a spa day for her, since let's face it, they are together a LOT now. She might like the downtime. Can I pool hop to the Grand Floridian (I just joined DVC)?

I'm sure there are tons of threads with ideas, but I've got a bit of special situation.

Dad fell and is partially paralyzed - he can move and walk short distances, but needs help/care 24-7. We're going to Disney next July. I'm trying to come up with things he and my mother can do together. Basically, a thank you from him to her for being serious about that "in sickness and in health" vow.

She's not a ride person, and he now has some serious physical limitations. He's not a foodie and will likely eat the kid's menu. I thought about a spa day, but I really don't know if he will be able to get a massage with his physical injuries.

We are staying at BLT (they stayed at the Contemporary in 1976 for their honeymoon). The plan was to focus on just two parks, MK and Epcot, and have a slow relaxing vacation. But I'm a little stumped on what they can do together, separate from me and DD2, that would allow him to spoil her. Ideas?

I'm wondering if maybe the new Cirque Show would be good (though we would go too), or maybe Hoop de Doo? Or maybe we should do a spa day for her, since let's face it, they are together a LOT now. She might like the downtime. Can I pool hop to the Grand Floridian (I just joined DVC)?

I think the Hoop Dee Doo idea is a good one. You can take a boat directly from CR/BLT to Ft. W. The show and Ft. W is fun. There is also a playground there and, if the new stable is open, your little one may be able to take a pony ride. Would they be interested in any type of tour or perhaps a fireworks cruise or dessert party?

I would totally consider a spa day just for her. The spa at GF is beautiful and could provide her with some downtime.

Here is the list of pool hopping rules for DVC. Pool hopping is not allowed at GF. https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/recreation-relaxation/pools/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter