Special experience for 14 year old girl birthday?

Since you’re staying at the Grand, call them up and see if they can get you reservations for the tea or anywhere else that might be booked.

Has she been to Blue Bayou? That would be nice too, especially if you sat waterside.

I see that they do offer it. I am looking into the menu. Not sure if she will think it is too “old lady” for 14 years old! I will check it out!!
We take 3-4 teen girls and they always love it.
Well looks like it is all booked up for the days we are there already... Ok any other ideas?
Yes, it books up almost as soon as it is released.
I will have to see what they can do , if anything with the SWGE hotel linked reservation. Gosh, Disney, I am trying to give you money but I can’t figure out how!
See if they can move it to Sunday 8-12noon?

Black tap has an outisde window just for shakes. I saw it in a youtube video for fresh baked I think.

Thanks for all of the ideas everyone!!! I am going to try to see what we can do with the SWGE reservation, but when I called a few weeks ago, they could not move it to any time on Sunday...

Have you thought about getting her a pedicure or manicure at the spa at the Grand? Its a little bit of a luxurious treat and after long days of walking in the park a pedicure is a great way to relax and rejuvenate those feet.

Black Tap is line only no reservations and the line can be crazy long at night (seemed better during lunch time) BUT they do have a shake window so you could still grab her a crazy shake with only a few minute wait. What about the Unbirthday Tea Party at the Disneyland Hotel?

Black Tap is line only no reservations and the line can be crazy long at night (seemed better during lunch time) BUT they do have a shake window so you could still grab her a crazy shake with only a few minute wait. What about the Unbirthday Tea Party at the Disneyland Hotel?
The Tea is already booked since we are going soon. The Shake Window is looking promising!

Can I ask your experience booking the tea? I’m planning to book soon and I’ve heard it can be difficult to book. Do you know what time reservations opened up? Never mind just saw you didn’t have any luck either 😢
I hope your daughter still had an amazing birthday! We went for my son’s 13th and he LOVED spending the day at Disney!

Last edited:
Can I ask your experience booking the tea? I’m planning to book soon and I’ve heard it can be difficult to book. Do you know what time reservations opened up? Never mind just saw you didn’t have any luck either 😢
I hope your daughter still had an amazing birthday! We went for my son’s 13th and he LOVED spending the day at Disney!

Start looking between 4am and 7am pacific time. Yes it's a huge huge pain, but just have the page loaded on your phone and set an alarm. Wake up and check real fast and if nothing shows up yet for that day go back to bed for another hour.

I checked for Oct 26th and 27th around 8 or 9am on the days that reservations opened up for them and they were gone already. Even as a hotel guest when I called they said everything was booked. I'll keep checking once a day in case something randomly opens from someone cancelling, but I would check real early, especially if it's a weekend day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter