Special room requests

Ana Klein

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!

We are coming to WDW for the first time on December,

and will be staying at All Star Music and at the Caribbean Beach Resort (buses, skyline...).

We understood that we can check in online in advance and ask for special room requests.

We would love to know, in those hotels, which areas/buildings are closer to the transportation,

and maybe some other advices in choosing our room.

Thank you all and have a wonderful day!

We understood that we can check in online in advance and ask for special room requests
Limited online. Best to call. Also very good to remember that requests are never, ever, ever guaranteed.
We would love to know, in those hotels, which areas/buildings are closer to the transportation,
I
The areas in those (any) hotels that are closest to transportation are the ones that are closest to transportation. It varies by hotel.

but seriously, make your only request "close(st) to transportation".

At all star music, the rooms closet to the buses are preferred room. If you booked a standard room, you won’t be in those buildings. I would suggest looking at resort maps for your room category and deciding where you would like to be. Then I would call in that request.keep it simple, like a building number or just closest to transportation.

I second calling in room requests and having them added to the reservation.

Re requests: Consider if you prefer a top floor (more privacy) or one on ground level (more convenient, no elevators to worry about). Perhaps consider if you want a quieter room requesting looking toward landscaping (NOT pools).

If you don't have the rooms booked yet, and want to be near transportation, you might want to look at the upcharge for a preferred room location. These are two resorts where we often choose to pay for preferred due to the layout/size of the resorts.

For example, A possible request could be: Top floor, as close as possible to bus transportation, overlooking landscaping/trees.

Put requests in order of preference, and say so. So, in the example above, the "most important" request would be top floor.

Good luck!

I second calling in room requests and having them added to the reservation.

Re requests: Consider if you prefer a top floor (more privacy) or one on ground level (more convenient, no elevators to worry about). Perhaps consider if you want a quieter room requesting looking toward landscaping (NOT pools).

If you don't have the rooms booked yet, and want to be near transportation, you might want to look at the upcharge for a preferred room location. These are two resorts where we often choose to pay for preferred due to the layout/size of the resorts.

For example, A possible request could be: Top floor, as close as possible to bus transportation, overlooking landscaping/trees.

Put requests in order of preference, and say so. So, in the example above, the "most important" request would be top floor.

Good luck!

Thank you so much, very helpful!

Thank you so much, very helpful!

You are very welcome!

Also, forgot to say, I never make more than three requests. I just feel if you are asking for too much it can be overwhelming for the room assigner and the temptation could be for them to just assign you any room at all. I don't have any reason really to believe this, it's just a feeling that I have. And, if there is one request that is VERY important to me, then I would make that my ONLY REQUEST.

Finally, I have called and changed my requests, especially if I change the room category that I have booked. It has never been a problem, even up to a week prior to arrival.

Have a wonderful vacation.

You are very welcome!

Also, forgot to say, I never make more than three requests. I just feel if you are asking for too much it can be overwhelming for the room assigner and the temptation could be for them to just assign you any room at all. I don't have any reason really to believe this, it's just a feeling that I have. And, if there is one request that is VERY important to me, then I would make that my ONLY REQUEST.

Finally, I have called and changed my requests, especially if I change the room category that I have booked. It has never been a problem, even up to a week prior to arrival.

Have a wonderful vacation.

OK, good to know. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!