Special stuff for the 17th

Cindy Girl

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there is going to be a speical speech, show etc. and if so what time? Also do any of the CM's out there know how early we will be able to park in Mickey and friends, and line up?
Any info would be GREAT!!! princess:

I believe there is suppose to be a thing in front of the castle at 10am. And then at 4:30 they will play Walt's dedication speach on over the Park PA

Yes, there's a big dedication thing in front of the castle (I think that's where it is) at 10:00 with Michael Eisner, Bob Isner, Governor Ahr-nold, and 50 Entertainment CMs (including DS, is anyone going to film it, pretty please???) I keep asking DS for any more info on what's going on, but nothing more yet. I'll post if I learn more.

I've also heard that they will be setting big screens up all over the place so that you don't have to be in specific places (like in front of the castle) to see the various events--they'll show them on the screens.

Gosh, I'll be in DL on the 17th. I didn't realize there would be so much activity -- strike that -- I guess I never expected Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to be there (I did expect a few of the Walt Disney Company executives to be there since it is the official 50th anniversary date).

My son called me the other day to notify me that Disney called to warn us that just because we have reservations at the Blue Bayou that day, there is no guarantee that we will be admitted into the park (I pretty much figured on that, no surprises there).

Disneyland_emily said:
Well Ive heard they've now canceled ALL PSs for that day
I have heard they cancelled the PS for the Princess Breakfast but have not heard anything about the BB. I did hear others say they were told no PS when they tried to BOOK for the BB but have only heard that those with BB PS's that they are not guarenteed admission.

They called last week to say we are confirmed for our BB ps for dinner on the 17. Just not guarenteed entry, so be early. Called a week ago to try to add ps for the 18th at dca and they said not taking them anymore. :)

Judimouse from dlresortinfo, just posted a message to her yahoo group that she has confirmed with Disney Dinning that PS are NOT being cancelled on the 17th.

I got that call last week about my PS for the 17th at BB. I have heard they expect the food lines to be even more horrendous than they have been lately.

disneychrista said:
Judimouse from dlresortinfo, just posted a message to her yahoo group that she has confirmed with Disney Dinning that PS are NOT being cancelled on the 17th.

Thanks great to hear! I was getting a little worried for a moment. I have a lunch PS for BB & although I know I will still have to wait awhile, I don't want to have to wait in the stand-by line.

I will be going with 2 children & eating in the BB with be a much needed break from the heat & crowds.

I did receive the call telling me that eventhough I had a PS, it didn't guarantee me admission. The guy also told me GOOD LUCK on that day :rolleyes: !

:flower: ,
Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter