Specialty Dining Prices and Kids

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
Hello,

In November we are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise, and had a question regarding specialty dining. We book Izumi Hibachi for 3, myself, my wife, and our 12 year old. I paid the full price for my 12 year old, but I read somewhere that you don't pay the full price for children 12 and under. You just book for the 2 adults, and then pay a lower price for your child at the restaurant. Can someone please clarify that for me? Appreciate the help.

Thank you.

If you pre book before boarding, you are charged the full price. You get an adjustment on board only if the child eats from the kids menu. If they eat from the regular menu, there is no reduction in cost. Not sure about hibachi specifically, but there may not be a lesser cost for kids anyway.

We pre-booked for my younger one as well, and then when on board, told them we did so and they refunded us and charged the $10 kid's fee. We just wanted to be sure we got a table for 4. But I've heard of others just not booking for any kids 12 and under and then charging when there. Net effect is the same.
As above poster...I can't talk for Izumi specifically but should be the same as other specialty dining chargers.

We did a first night done right promo in 2017 on Harmony. Just booked my wife and myself. Once on board, went to a restaurant and added the kids plus changed the venue - they assigned us Jamie's, we wanted Chops.

also the refund is in the form of on board credit, not to the credit card you used
If you finish the cruise with any on-board credit they will apply the credit to whichever card you registered for your on-board spending.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!