Spectator Questions

Beth

Just happy to be here...
Hello!

My niece is running the Wine & Dine - her first Disney event - in November.

We're staying at Bay Lake Tower, and would like to see hee run, if possible.

Where would you recommend we "stake out?" Will we have to take Disney Bus transportation, or do they have a parking area for spectators?

Thanks in advance. We consider ourselves Disney veterans, but this is definitely "foreign territory" for us!

There would be two places that I can think of to see her during the race. Along the course around Crescent Lake or near the finish in the Epcot parking lot.

First is along the course as it passes by the Boardwalk, Dolphin, Yacht Club or Beach Club. This is around the 12 mile mark on the course. It gives you a nice spot to wait out her pending arrival and cheer on other folks as they plod along toward the finish. There are real flush bathrooms, benches, and places to purchase snacks if spectating from here. It is also a great energizing burst of happiness for most runners to have a friendly wave/hug/photo op with friends and family after running for 12 miles. Gives a bit of a boost for the last mile or so.
The downside to this location is the transportation logistics needed to get here. If you have park admission, taking the monorail to Epcot and then exiting at International Gateway before the park closes would be easiest. Otherwise it would take a dance of buses to get to one of those resorts with the road closures for the race. Or taking a taxi.

Second is near the finish in the Epcot parking lot. This is a far easier area to reach from the MK resort loop, as it is just a monorail ride away. Since the finish line area has been moved a couple times, it is slightly more difficult to determine where the best vantage point is right now. But you can congratulate her and her accomplishment and take pics with her and her hard earned medal.

Thanks so much for the great info, Todd - I really appreciate it!

I like the Boardwalk idea, but I suspect they will really have the parking lots for Boardwalk & Beach/Yacht "locked down" that night - so probably little chance of parking in there.

If we parked at EPCOT - we could walk thru the Int'l Gateway, but then we'd be "stuck" after the park closed (we aren't going to do the "after party.") ...And I'm assuming that bus transportation from the resorts back to the hubs will be shut down by then.

Ho Hum..... I guess the EPCOT parking lot will be our only option. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter