Spectator's ChEAR package?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
Can anyone share info (or experience) regarding the ChEAR package? Is it necessary to add or does it make access easier for watching friends who are running? THANKS!

Thanks for replying! Without the package, and without a car, is it difficult to watch the race from MK & the end? I've never done it before, so I have no idea how to plan that part. Thanks, again!!

Thanks for replying! Without the package, and without a car, is it difficult to watch the race from MK & the end? I've never done it before, so I have no idea how to plan that part. Thanks, again!!
Not really. Your best option would be taking the monorail. Take race transportation to Epcot before the race starts and then hop in the monorail to MK to Epcot and then once your runner passes through MK hop back on the monorail back to Epcot for the finish.

Perfect! Thanks for helping me understand how to do this part! It's so nice to have clear expectations for a good plan!

One last quick question: I read that you can track runners with the ChEAR package. Can you track them otherwise?

One last quick question: I read that you can track runners with the ChEAR package. Can you track them otherwise?
You can track runners without the package. When we get much closer the races you can track runners using their bib numbers on your phone through text updates or the tracking site.

If the runner has a Garmin, the Live Track feature is awesome. You can set it up ahead of time and start it when the race starts. They have to carry their cell phones during the race as the Garmin device has to be connected via blue tooth for this to work, but those following along know EXACTLY where the runner is at all times during and after the race. I leave mine running until I meet up with my family after races as it shows them exactly where I am.

If the runner has a Garmin, the Live Track feature is awesome. You can set it up ahead of time and start it when the race starts. They have to carry their cell phones during the race as the Garmin device has to be connected via blue tooth for this to work, but those following along know EXACTLY where the runner is at all times during and after the race. I leave mine running until I meet up with my family after races as it shows them exactly where I am.

Garmin Live Track? Why haven't I heard of this before?!

I thought about this last week, but wasn't sure how much battery life it would suck up for both the Garmin and the phone for a marathon. What's your experience? (Knowing that phones/cell coverage is different, etc, etc)

I thought about this last week, but wasn't sure how much battery life it would suck up for both the Garmin and the phone for a marathon. What's your experience? (Knowing that phones/cell coverage is different, etc, etc)

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. The battery will last for a 6-hour marathon using GPS and Live Track as long as I don't use the music. So ironically, for the "big race" I use my old ipod shuffle with wired headphones for my music.

I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. The battery will last for a 6-hour marathon using GPS and Live Track as long as I don't use the music. So ironically, for the "big race" I use my old ipod shuffle with wired headphones for my music.
I don't use my phone for music when running, but I have had my phone working for almost 8 hours running live sync last year because I forgot to turn it off. Garmin 620 sync'd with a Samsung S6 phone.

Note - the Garmin really uses no extra battery life to run bluetooth. The only question is the battery life of the phone.

Can anyone share info (or experience) regarding the ChEAR package? Is it necessary to add or does it make access easier for watching friends who are running? THANKS!
I cannot speak to Disney World's package, but my mom purchased the Disneyland package once. She commented that while she did not regret purchasing the package, she would not purchase it again as she did not feel like she received any "extra" benefit for the package.

It’s been answered, but to give you a smile...yes. I sign my family back home across the country up so they can track me. I mean, it’s 2am and my son’s asleep while his phone buzzes with alerts, but he can see it when he wakes up.

No chear package needed.
I have a good friend who actually texts my splits back to me from runner tracking and after a while starts to estimate my actual finish time assuming I maintain that pace which becomes very helpful in knowing where I'm at in relation to the sweep. During the marathon, this same friend also sent a slew of epic text messages and gifs designed to make me laugh and keep my energy up during the back half of the marathon.

So yes runner tracking is available and very helpful.

Take race transportation to Epcot before the race starts and then hop in the monorail to MK to Epcot and then once your runner passes through MK hop back on the monorail back to Epcot for the finish.
Sorry, more questions. The Monorail is operating that early in the morning? To travel from Epcot to MK at or before 5:30 AM to make sure I'm in MK at the right time to spectate? Then back to Epcot? (still pretty early in the morning). Where is the spectator area at MK? thanks for all of the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!