~~~Spectromagic is returning in summer 2012?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
Sorry if this had already been asked but since I can't "search" for it, is it true? I saw it on another site.:confused3

When I see them uncovering the floats in the PC and start working on them is the only time I will believe that it would be coming back anytime soon.

When I see them uncovering the floats in the PC and start working on them is the only time I will believe that it would be coming back anytime soon.

I know they had some of the floats out on display when the President was there back in Jan. I did not see them personally, but the pictures looked like at least a few of them may have already been refurbished.

I am still holding out hope for a Spectro return this summer!!!

awdwnut

I know they had some of the floats out on display when the President was there back in Jan. I did not see them personally, but the pictures looked like at least a few of them may have already been refurbished.

I am still holding out hope for a Spectro return this summer!!!

awdwnut

They actually just drug them out and blew the dust off of them and moved them into place to hide some of the backstage stuff they didn't want guests to see when they were doing the reroute of guests from Main St.. Usually we just move some "mobile shrubbery" for the bypass but they wanted to dress it up a bit more.

A guy who works as a float electrician and maint., works extra hours in the area I work and told me last month that nothing (other than above and one other time they brought one out for a commercial) has been done to them since they parked them in 2010 and they do not have anything currently scheduled for the next three months, at the earliest.

Anything is subject to change at anytime however, as things can be very fluid and changeable in Entertainment.

They actually just drug them out and blew the dust off of them and moved them into place to hide some of the backstage stuff they didn't want guests to see when they were doing the reroute of guests from Main St.. Usually we just move some "mobile shrubbery" for the bypass but they wanted to dress it up a bit more.

A guy who works as a float electrician and maint., works extra hours in the area I work and told me last month that nothing (other than above and one other time they brought one out for a commercial) has been done to them since they parked them in 2010 and they do not have anything currently scheduled for the next three months, at the earliest.

Anything is subject to change at anytime however, as things can be very fluid and changeable in Entertainment.

Thanks for the inside info, even though it is bad news for us Specto fans. We will be in the world for the first two weeks of Sept. Who knows, maybe somehow it will come back before then...

awdwnut

Thanks for the inside info, even though it is bad news for us Specto fans. We will be in the world for the first two weeks of Sept. Who knows, maybe somehow it will come back before then...

awdwnut

I'm a big Spectro fan myself. Really getting "bored" with ELP although I do have to admit, when I work a lot of parades, 2 times a night, all of them do get a little boring after awhile. ELP just seems to run too slow for me and the music just grates on me after awhile. Whenever I'm working night parade I just keep thinking, let this be over soon. LOL

Only parade I never get tired of is Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime parade. I'm a very Christmas person, but this parade just seems to be so upbeat and fun, even though it is long and the music is very repetitive. Halloween party parade is good too, just doesn't excite me like Christmas.

No matter what I think of the individual parades, working Parade Audience Control is still one of the great CM positions in the Park. Get to meet and talk with a lot of great guests all the time.

Forgot to add, if you get a chance, go to youtube and check out the Tokyo Disney Electrical Light Parade. Pretty cool. If you want some real chuckles, find the WDW Bi-Centennial parade. A real hoot to watch today compared to then.

I'm a big Spectro fan myself. Really getting "bored" with ELP although I do have to admit, when I work a lot of parades, 2 times a night, all of them do get a little boring after awhile. ELP just seems to run too slow for me and the music just grates on me after awhile. Whenever I'm working night parade I just keep thinking, let this be over soon. LOL

Only parade I never get tired of is Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime parade. I'm a very Christmas person, but this parade just seems to be so upbeat and fun, even though it is long and the music is very repetitive. Halloween party parade is good too, just doesn't excite me like Christmas.

No matter what I think of the individual parades, working Parade Audience Control is still one of the great CM positions in the Park. Get to meet and talk with a lot of great guests all the time.

Forgot to add, if you get a chance, go to youtube and check out the Tokyo Disney Electrical Light Parade. Pretty cool. If you want some real chuckles, find the WDW Bi-Centennial parade. A real hoot to watch today compared to then.

Thanks for the video tips. The Tokyo Disney Electrical parade looks very cool, and the bi-centennial parade was too funny.

I look forwad to seeing a nightime parade during our Sept trip, but if it is MSEP we will probably only watch it once. If I am lucky enough to have Spectro return, it will be a must do at least two or three times. If you are working when we are at the parade, I promise to stay on the right side of the rope..ha!

awdwnut

One of my friends that is in MK Entertainment said the rumor is next year. No plans to bring it back this year. I really hope it's true that they bring it back next year. I just want it back!

I miss Spectromagic soo much!

Hope you are right about next year! I am going again in January.

And I am going to disagree with you, 11290, on PAC in MK. I did PAC for about a year while working the Trains as a conductor.

Trying to handle keeping people behind the ropes at plaza or casey's corner is near impossible during those holiday times! I remember one of the girls I worked with actually broke down crying from a guest at Plaza. She had to be removed and I was by myself keeping the emergency exit clear! LOL

I miss some of the times, but Christmas into NYE week, I do not miss at all!! :sad2:

You turn into a sheep or cattle herded, :rotfl2:, just holding your flashlight above your head. Still, I do miss those crazy busy nights. CP 03' and '04.

Are the PG's still in charge of PAC or is it only extra hour pick up shifts?

I don't know when it might come back, but everything I've heard (bits and pieces from friends who work in Entertainment) is that someday, eventually, it WILL be back. MSEP was never meant to be a permanent thing, and for that I'm thrilled. I think I would enjoy the parade more with ear plugs - can't get past how grating the music is to my ears :sad2:

Are the PG's still in charge of PAC or is it only extra hour pick up shifts?

Main St. Op's. "now" is PG, PAC, trains, Town Sq. Theater (TST - the old Expo Hall) & Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom (SOMK - the Fire House). They've stopped "full scheduling" the last year or so and have a huge amount of EHH for night parades. A LOT of CM's from other locations just coming over to collect some OT hours.

PAC is kind of what you make of it. For some it is really stressful. For me, not so much. I'm older, been down that stress road and now just take it as it comes and don't let the "attitude guests" bother me that much. I remember the light wands. We don't use them anymore except at some locations and just use them for after parade redirect. I've suggested that we get "Mickey Tasers" but that didn't go very far.

FWIW: I miss Spectro a lot also. Floats will really need a lot of work as they were getting a bit tired looking (IMHO) when they put them away in June 2010.

I really hope Spectro comes back soon as well seen both electric and spectro multiple times and Spectro is definitely the favorite out of the 2.

Spectromagic and Main St. Electrical Parade sit backstage at Magic Kingdom, sharing a large warehouse. The Spectro floats can be ready for use in a couple of days if needed. Of course the performers would have to learn or re-learn the choreography for the parade. But the floats are ready, or at least would be ready if and when Disney decides to put the parade back on the schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter