Speedway by the Boardwalk

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
On our last stay at the BWV, my DH and BiL walked over to the Speedway a few times to get the "cheap beer":rotfl2:. How much of a walk is this? Looking at Google Earth, it doesn't look like there is a sidewalk, so is this something I should even consider? I want to go over there to grab just a few items for our 1-night stay at the Boardwalk. We are moving over to OKW the next day, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew in the morning and my dad prefers caffeine-free sodas so we would like to grab a 2L of each, along with a few snacks for the park. Is it the same as any Speedway? Like, can I use my SpeedyRewards there? I have a lot saved up and I have some "First Responder" free drinks available too. I need to know if I should pack my SpeedyRewards card:thumbsup2

On our last stay at the BWV, my DH and BiL walked over to the Speedway a few times to get the "cheap beer":rotfl2:. How much of a walk is this? Looking at Google Earth, it doesn't look like there is a sidewalk, so is this something I should even consider? I want to go over there to grab just a few items for our 1-night stay at the Boardwalk. We are moving over to OKW the next day, but I need my Diet Mountain Dew in the morning and my dad prefers caffeine-free sodas so we would like to grab a 2L of each, along with a few snacks for the park. Is it the same as any Speedway? Like, can I use my SpeedyRewards there? I have a lot saved up and I have some "First Responder" free drinks available too. I need to know if I should pack my SpeedyRewards card:thumbsup2
I’m sure we walked into the garage from the main road rather than up the side road. maybe that is why you are not seeing a path on google earth

I shop at the BW Speedway most every BWV stay, picking up beverages, breakfast cereal, and milk. There is a sidewalk along that section of Epcot Resorts Blvd. that extends from the gated driveway where the buses enter the BW property to the driveway into the Speedway, although I usually cut across the parking lot when I’m carrying my purchases. There is no marked crosswalk, but the traffic is usually quite light and there is a wide center median so you can stop halfway to wait for traffic to pass if necessary. The suggestion of a small rolling suitcase is a good idea if you purchase a number of beverages, since those can be heavy in quantity. They should accept your SpeedyRewards, since it appears to be the usual Speedway operation. Prices for beer and wine are WAY better than the Screen Door. I purchase a six pack of beer for less than the price of two beers at the Screen Door or a bottle of wine for the price of a single glass.

I go to.speedway every time we are at BWVs.
The beer is cheap and cold.
It is pretty much the same setup as any other modern gas station with a conscience store.
Think mini 711.
It is an easy walk from speedway back to resort.

I am friends with a top person with in-store marketing for Speedway. He had to travel down in the Florida area forever when Speedway bought out Hess and made the transition. He has always told me that Speedway's prices are the same on property as they are off property. (I think the only exception is that they do not sell gum on property...could be wrong about that but I believe he mentioned that)

I am friends with a top person with in-store marketing for Speedway. He had to travel down in the Florida area forever when Speedway bought out Hess and made the transition. He has always told me that Speedway's prices are the same on property as they are off property. (I think the only exception is that they do not sell gum on property...could be wrong about that but I believe he mentioned that)
I know their gas prices are as cheap or cheaper than I-4 gas stations. I always fill up before leaving the bubble.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought "They have a racetrack at WDW now?" Lol

Unfortunately you will not find Diet Mt Dew at this Speedway. Being on Disney property they do not carry any Pepsi products.

Unfortunately you will not find Diet Mt Dew at this Speedway. Being on Disney property they do not carry any Pepsi products.
NO!!:scared::sad:
Well, I guess I will be ordering from AmazonPrimeNow and then Bell Services will have to transfer my 36 cans of soda (minus a few) over to OKW for 2 days and then back to BWV for our last 3 days.

I use shipt or instacart and just meet someone at the front and pick up my own drinks/food. I would recommend that 😀 however good to know a few cheap(er) cold ones are just a walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter