Speedway gas station store

DRUMZ2B

DIS Veteran
Hello, Does anyone know if the Speedway gas station near The Boardwalk sells beer and food?

What are the hours?

Before GG when we drive this was our go to fir beer and wine. Then when started flying we switched to the Hess across from DS now called Speedway too I think.

We happily pay to have it delivered because old, and lazy...but mostly lazy.

Before GG when we drive this was our go to fir beer and wine. Then when started flying we switched to the Hess across from DS now called Speedway too I think.

We happily pay to have it delivered because old, and lazy...but mostly lazy.
So is the Speedway within walking distance of DS? I'll be staying at POFQ and if I'm able to take the bus or boat over there and grab a six pack easily, that would be awesome.

The one across the street from Boardwalk is a long walk away. Exit the front of Boardwalk, walk past all those parking lots, then a nice jaywalk across the street. :D

I remember going there to see if they sold lottery tickets cuz either the Powerball or Mega Millions was high that time....alas, they did not :P

So is the Speedway within walking distance of DS? I'll be staying at POFQ and if I'm able to take the bus or boat over there and grab a six pack easily, that would be awesome.

The one across from DS is across alot of road now since the new construction. You used to be able to walk the cross walk to it. Now I couldn't tell you. We used to take the POR boat and then bus it back since we were carrying so much beer.

Pedestrians are not permitted to cross the road anymore, so they built a bridge that you can walk across. The bridge is right near the bus stops. Go across the bridge and it's a 5-7 minute walk to the left. The are currently building another bridge that is closer to the Speedway, but I'm not sure when it will be completed.

The Speedway at 300 Buena Vista, closest to Boardwalk, is really small, one of the smallest prototypes in the chain. Though they’re packed with necessities, junk food, Coca-Cola, beer and wine.

If you’re picky about brands you may want to investigate grocery delivery or a quick Uber to Publix.

Pedestrians are not permitted to cross the road anymore, so they built a bridge that you can walk across. The bridge is right near the bus stops. Go across the bridge and it's a 5-7 minute walk to the left. The are currently building another bridge that is closer to the Speedway, but I'm not sure when it will be completed.
So I checked Google maps and it looks like a short walk to get over to the Speedway where the pedestrian bridge is. Looks easy enough to grab a six pack, toss it in my backpack, and do some site seeing before heading back. I'm guessing open containers at FS is a no no.

The one by DS is not a far walk at all... make sure to use the bridge by the bus stop NOT the bridge by Once upon a toy it is a very very long walk from there including going through a parking lot... a new bridge?? I have not seen yet but I don't see how it could be that much closer. As far as the Boardwalk one please do not do the Jaywalk as above as this will bring you to the grass by the station that you will than need to walk across and that may not be OK in Florida.. although I did do this once I would not do it again...

DH walks to the Speedway station every trip. He gets beer, wine and snacks. He says its a nice short walk.

We have also used gardengrocer.com as they deliver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter