MotherofMouseketeers

Earning My Ears
Hello, I’m hoping to get some info on planning our trip to Disneyland, December 23-27, 2019 (5 days at the parks) We are 2 adults and 2 kids aged 5 and 8. I have about a million questions lol.

I’d love to hear anyone’s experiences staying at the Disneyland Hotel during Christmas time as well as on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, the more detailed the better :)

My only advice is MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS! Last time I was at Disneyland on Christmas Day we had dining reservations for lunch and thought we would just do counter service for dinner ... well the parks were wall to wall people and even counter service places were slammed, I ended up waiting 45 minutes to get Earl of Sandwich in downtown disney.

My only advice is MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS! Last time I was at Disneyland on Christmas Day we had dining reservations for lunch and thought we would just do counter service for dinner ... well the parks were wall to wall people and even counter service places were slammed, I ended up waiting 45 minutes to get Earl of Sandwich in downtown disney.
Oh goodness, thanks for letting me know. We were going to do Blue Bayou for Christmas Eve dinner and plaza inn with Minnie for Christmas Day breakfast. But then we were gonna wing it for all other meals. Maybe we will re-think that. Do they offer the dining resos with viewing packages during Christmas time?

Oh goodness, thanks for letting me know. We were going to do Blue Bayou for Christmas Eve dinner and plaza inn with Minnie for Christmas Day breakfast. But then we were gonna wing it for all other meals. Maybe we will re-think that. Do they offer the dining resos with viewing packages during Christmas time?
You can definitely do breakfast without reservations (except Minnie's but you've got that covered). If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, you can also get dining reservations from the concierge as they hold some back for hotel guests. Also my trip was before mobile ordering was a thing so that may help you tremendously with counter service items.

You can definitely do breakfast without reservations (except Minnie's but you've got that covered). If you are staying at the Disneyland Hotel, you can also get dining reservations from the concierge as they hold some back for hotel guests. Also my trip was before mobile ordering was a thing so that may help you tremendously with counter service items.

Does the hotel hold those reservations until we arrive? Or so we need to book in advance through them?

I would make dining reservations myself. 12/24 is open for reservations now. 12/25 will be open tomorrow.
They do have a visit with Santa opportunity in the hotel at certain hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter