spending money in 2020

jdw171819

Earning My Ears
I've looked up and down the web for a recent account of How much spending money to bring? Its just my wife and myself for 3 days and 4 nights. Tickets and room are already paid for. I know whes going to want all kinds of Souvenirs but I was thinking 1500 bucks Should Be enough for three days in the parks for all that and food. Am I wrong?

Personally, I think that would be plenty for 3 days. It definitely depends on where you are eating and what souvenirs you plan to buy. I would try to predict/budget for food first.

For example (and these are averages/estimates, actual prices would vary on location and food choice, obviously):
2 CS meals ($15/person each meal) and 1 TS meal per day ($45/person each meal) + snacks ($15/person total) = $180 per day for food x 3 days in parks = $540 total

That would be more if you choose more than 1 TS meal per day and less if you choose 3 CS meals per day and even less if you bring your own food or snacks.

But that would leave you with just under $1000 for souvenirs, which is a LOT in my opinion, but, again, that could go fast depending on what you guys want to buy.

Others may have input that could help.

If you really want to live it up, if you budgeted $120 per person/per night for food and drinks you should be able to live the good life at Disney from a food perspective. So for 4 nights that's $960 for 2 people. Even if each of you spent $150 each on souvenirs, you're only at $1,260. $1,500 is good!

My husband and I average 2-4 nights on our getaways. We budget $350 per each day. Some times we are under, sometimes we are over. We aren't much for souvenirs, but we do have plenty of cocktails, and those aren't cheap at WDW.

That should be more than enough. Even if you do one TS and QS meal per day that would probably cost on the high end $200 per day - so that leaves $900 for fun money.

We do 400.00 a day for food and souvenirs and usually have some left over every day. We don't buy big ticket souvenirs like Dooney bags or lightsabers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!