Spider-Man stays in the MCU for at least 2 more movies

I AM SO HAPPY.

Now Disney needs to kill him off so his storyline doesn’t end up with a terrible cliffhanger when this deal is up.

I AM SO HAPPY.

Now Disney needs to kill him off so his storyline doesn’t end up with a terrible cliffhanger when this deal is up.

They would have been able to resolve the cliffhanger without the MCU. All the actors, writers and Spider-Man characters were already moving on with the next movie anyway.

They would have been able to resolve the cliffhanger without the MCU. All the actors, writers and Spider-Man characters were already moving on with the next movie anyway.
Sure, but I think the whole “taking on Tony Stark’s legacy” plot line would have been a whole lot harder (or impossible) without the MCU.

Also, I don’t trust Sony with live-action Spider-Man. I’m still waiting for the sinister six follow-up from Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which, contrary to most people, I actually enjoyed).

Mostly I’m just annoyed they set up this whole legacy thing without a plan going forward. I don’t know if it was Sony trying to hold a trump card to force Disney into a deal or Disney being dumb enough to allow or make a character they don’t outright own so big in the MCU or something else, but if I was Disney, I would scale back on Spider-Man’s importance in the greater MCU so the universe wouldn’t hurt with him gone.

Awesome! Now can the MCU bargain for the rest of their guys Sony is playing with? I have no urge to see Leto mess up my favorite character.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!