Spin Cycle Journal (Comments Welcome)

Felt run down Monday. Ran this evening with 6R/2W intervals and made good speed despite my dog dragging behind... Ha ha!

Planning to segue now into C25K week five I think. Next run Thursday.

Feel like I am overeating as appetite up...

Segued into C25K at week 5 today. Ran 8:3w:8 R: 4 W: 4 R. Then walked and skipped up to 5K distance. Last Sat did 5k distance in 52:30. Today 49:30 so I am pleased with drop. Will run same on Sat.

On Sat I will have been running for 2 weeks. I think I will finish C25K at the end of the month. Then I will maintain thru Aug. in Sep will start bridging to 10K . Oct I start Galloway Princess training. Hopefully my times will keep dropping as my running time kicks in and my endurance builds. Not sure about interval Galloway system, but will need to determine this in the fall for sure. Guess that might help TM boredom.

I did run on Sat. I was up early and it felt like a good run/walk 5K but I did it in 56 minutes. Yuck! 5W: 8R:3W:8R:4W:4R: walked up to 5K with some running exercises thrown in. Not sure why it was so lengthy. But in the end this is all just training and building endurance. The most important thing is doing it.

So today I am going to be running 20 minutes all at once. Due to the heat I will be on a TM at the gym!

Did a 5k distance Friday in 47 min. Able to run almost 20 min straight then intervals. Yay! Working and striving to grow that time.

Still doing well. Last Sunday did my neighborhood 5K distance in 42 min. This is hilly and made it up one hill and was able to walk a minute up a few others... Reserved POFQ this week for our stay. Yikes. Never paid such for lodging. Thankfully am not planning to go to parks so will save on tickets.

Still running 5K at about 40 min. First 5K race next Sunday. Have started going to gym to work on weights... No weight loss. Need to focus on my diet. Would be nice to get all 3 things going at once - running, weights, diet...

Picked up my race packet today for Sunday's 5K.

Ran 5K today in horrible humidity. Hung tight and knocked it out at about 40 min.

Signed up for 2 10Ks in Nov.

As for weight, trying to do MFP each night at 8, then stop eating for night.

Ran 5K on Friday. My first run in the rain and in the dark. It was not cold and it was nice. 42 minutes which is fine since I had to slow down and watch my steps a bit more than usual.

Today I went to the gym for an hour. 25 min cardio and 35 min weights.

Doing better tracking on MFP too.

Update:

I did earn C2C in 2014! Princess Half and DL Half!

I'm also signed up fôr a local half in Oct.

Last year I also ran MO Cowbell Half and 15K Hot Chocolate.

This year I've walked 1a 10K in March. In April I intervaled a 10K. So far in May I've done 2 5K's. I have a 10K scheduled Memorial Day and another June 6th. I don't plan to run anything official in July or August. I am signed up for MO Cowbell Half again this year and will probably run another local half as prep.

But my biggest run is INFINITY GAUNTLET CHALLENGE. I really liked DisneyLand as it was all walkable. No buses, walk between the parks, walk to your offsite hotel, walk to the Expo. Just loved it.

Looking forward to reading through your journal from last year. Can I ask what city you did the Hot Chocolate 15k and if you have any thoughts on it? I've been toying with the idea of working towards one in Nov in Chicago. My dad-in-law said the race swag is really nice and I have no issue earning fun things to go along with my runs.
I have not yet run longer than the 5k distance.

Hello Roxy!

I did Hot Chocolate in St. Louis, MO. We walked a fair amount of it and everyone was very welcoming. Their expo was nice in St. Louis. My running buddy and I do Galloway intervals. The swag was a nice zip up hoodie this past year, but they just released their jacket design for 2015 and it looks nice. :)

So I did hit my time goal in my June 10K for submission (1:20). My running buddy is not focused on her running. Luckily I am slow enough that she can catch up.

So.

I Spin on Mondays. I've only been managing one training run a week. Grrr. But I have started working out the past two Sundays for an hour with a short run. I've never really run two days in a row after getting PF in 2007. So I'm playing with fire with this Infinity Gauntlet Challenge. Saturday I ran/walked 7.12 miles in 1:40. I got bored and started walking. But I jacked up the incline. On Sunday I rowed 10 minutes, then ran/walked 21 minutes. Got 1.75 miles so I was zipping along. Then I lifted weights and did core work to wrap up my hour. I need to flip my long runs to Sunday in the next week or two.

I'm working with a RD about my weight and eating using Intuitive Eating. Despite my weight, I was not eating enough. So now I eat snacks and bread. It is really strange how much I eat now. I haven't gained and it has helped me not snack as much at night - and not crave just sweets either.

I'm also working with a chiropractor about my feet. That has been helping my feet pain a lot. I also switched to Hokas after he mentioned them. The idea of minimalist shoes is great, but I'm 45, came late to running, and I think I weigh a LOT more than I look. Hokas so far I run without pain. They do seem to force me to midstrike. They are some ugly shoes though...

So far my local 'training' runs is Chesterfield Half on 9/13 and Mo Cowbell on 10/4. I'm planning on possibly two more local halfs before Infinity Gauntlet, then wrapping up with Hot Chocolate in December.

8/31/15: Longest run was Saturday. 7.93 miles. I did Galloway the first hour, but then was super tired and mostly walked the second hour. I had a training run the day before outside.

My first half on 9/13 was canceled! :( So today I signed up for two more halfs. I am running local halfs on 10/4 (MO Cowbell), 10/11 (GoSTL Halloween) and 11/1 (STL Track Club in Clayton Half). Then Infinity Gauntlet.

I may run a Turkey Trot a Santa Dash and Hot Chocolate to round out the year.

On Sunday we finished MO Cowbell 3:08:14. This was 13 minutes faster than last year. But I suspect we just spent less time in bathroom breaks. I am not sure we are any faster. We are definitely stronger though. I pushed us hard to stay on a 3:2 interval. We took 2 bathroom breaks this year and one was easily 10 minutes. Each time we took a break, I insisted we keep running on a 3/2 for longer than what my running buddy wanted. Mile 10 was uphill and we power walked most of it. Once we hit mile 11, we flipped the interval to walk 3 run 2. I didn't start to get sore until we got to mile 12.

On Monday though I felt pretty OK and did SPIN. Tonight I am running. Wednesday is my rest day and I am scheduled for a massage!

This Sunday I run a local half solo. It will be interesting to see how I do with music thumping in my ears and no partner. My goal is 3:00. I'm already signed up for SPIN next Monday too. Then after this my next half is 11/1. I am planning on just short runs while I am on vacation. Maybe just try for some speed work and weight lifting.

So the good news is I am pretty confident I can do Infinity Gauntlet. I've got the endurance. No real speed, but I get it done.

This past week I missed two training runs. But today I went out solo for STL Halloween Half. My running buddy Is at WDW with her family! Music only, no timer. My phone is old and I knew it would die if I ran multiple programs. There were not many runners at my speed in the half. They seemed to all turn to finish for the 10K. Yikes! I clearly have a fear of getting lost. But I kept hustling and eventually fell in with 5 females (2 dressed as superheroes, and 3 others). We had the entire ROAD to ourselves. it was a gorgeous fall day.

I got a PR! 2:54:49! Thirteen minutes faster than last week! No bathroom stops. I stopped and took two pics in mile 9. That was my slowest spot. Everywhere else I curtailed my walking to 2 minutes or less. I'm a sucker for Clydesdales. I didn't know my time until I got home and my H told me. I had to look it up I was sure he got it wrong... I'm super pleased to be tightening up my speed in the last 4 miles... I used Gu 3 times today. Last week my stomach knotted up when I ate half of a protein bar. So now I'm one of those wackos who will be avoiding real food. I used them in miles 4, 8 and 11.

This week I am off to Universal! So I'll be taking it easy and maybe just running speed intervals so I can get up and off to Hogwarts and Diagon Alley! Monday night SPIN though! I think that is carrying me with these missed runs for sure.

My next local half is 11/1. I ordered a Day of the Dead headband for it!

I need to figure out the details of my run Disney costumes soon. I've got headbands and jewelry coming in from Etsy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!