Spinoff 'cause we have to regarding WWYD solutions to Annoying Neighbours

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
Barring illegal suggestions you understand. :teeth:

I remember years ago reading about an obnoxious neighbour whom choose to move after the neighbour whom was driven to desperate measure used manure (the odor!) in some manner. :rolleyes1

Edited to add that: I believe the neighbours were renting, and the owners wanted them evicted for lots of reasons but, could not get them out legally. So... with the neighbours help whom also wanted them out yester.. year! used the odor over a period of time, while the good neighbours were on vacation or something.

Fwiw:. If you, general you understand, keep us awake in the wee hrs with your noise; Dh will cut our grass at the break 'o dawn unless.. It's a "one of" :teeth: happening!

:)

Last edited:
Moral of the story: There are individuals in the world that think they give off a floral scent but in actuality have poop all over their hands.

AKA In real life they are 'poop' disturbers.

Last edited:

Our neighbors use chicken manure for fertilizer in their fields! Maybe they are trying to get the whole area to move!!!

Maybe I'm not understanding the plan. If you use manure to make things too smelly for your neighbours, wouldn't it be even worse for you (since it would have to be on your property)?

Barring illegal suggestions you understand. :teeth:

I remember years ago reading about an obnoxious neighbour whom choose to move after the neighbour whom was driven to desperate measure used manure (the odor!) in some manner. :rolleyes1

Edited to add that: I believe the neighbours were renting, and the owners wanted them evicted for lots of reasons but, could not get them out legally. So... with the neighbours help whom also wanted them out yester.. year! used the odor over a period of time, while the good neighbours were on vacation or something.

Fwiw:. If you, general you understand, keep us awake in the wee hrs with your noise; Dh will cut our grass at the break 'o dawn unless.. It's a "one of" :teeth: happening!

:)

So, if I am understanding what you wrote (which is difficult, at best), you approve of using manure to get people to move, and you are passive-aggressively making noise very early in the morning to get back at your own neighbors? How many other families are you annoying in order to exact your petty revenge?

I myself wouldn't do that to my neighbors. You are going to end up looking like crazy. I'd move before I'd allow myself to do.something.So bad.

If they do, and we've asked them politely but the request for quiet, has fallen on their deaf ears; than, no holds barred the next time.

So I'm guessing you are going to create a war between you and your neighbour since no holds barred can go both ways. Good luck with that plan.

I am having a hard time understanding what you are asking. Are you seeking ways to force a neighbor to move and are looking for us to give you ideas?

If they do, and we've asked them politely but the request for quiet, has fallen on their deaf ears; than, no holds barred the next time.

Good luck with that. You have no idea how crazy these people might be--their idea of "upping the ante" might mean they set fire to your garage or string up your pets. Some people are truly nuts, you're better off backing away.

I guess we're fortunate, we've always had neighbors who were, at worst, tolerable. Even now, when we're in a neighborhood with about 20 feet between houses, people are pleasant and respectful.

Maybe I'm not understanding the plan. If you use manure to make things too smelly for your neighbours, wouldn't it be even worse for you (since it would have to be on your property)?
The manure if I recall in the story that I'd read somewhere, was placed on the property in the gardens by a homeowner in hopes the problematic renters whom he was having difficulty evicting, would choose to move on.

The longtime neighbour and, friend of the homeowner helped him to disperse the manure (fertilizer.). Then, the neighbour took his family away (vacation whatever) so as not to be in the odor themselves.

Fwiw, I'm a country dweller, and as so, we have chosen this lifestyle, we live with the smells, and sounds of country, and occasional manure scents.

Last edited:
If they do, and we've asked them politely just one time you understand but, the request for quiet, has fallen on their deaf ears; than, no holds barred the next time.

Surely there is a place to report a noise violation for your county/city? If you have asked them nicely and they continue to violate a noise ordinance, I'd ask the appropriate authorities to be the ones to ask politely next time.
If their noise is not in violation of an ordinance, I'd buy some quality earplugs/headphones.

Surely there is a place to report a noise violation for your county/city? If you have asked them nicely and they continue to violate a noise ordinance, I'd ask the appropriate authorities to be the ones to ask politely next time.
If their noise is not in violation of an ordinance, I'd buy some quality earplugs/headphones.

Of course, but here we talk to our neighbours first then if something as simple as mowing the lawn in the early hrs after their night of loud noise doesn't work. We will make a call to the by law office. No way in heck am I going to wear any noise wearing anything, to keep their obnoxious noise out if my ears!

Last edited:
Of course but here we talk to our neighbours first then if something as simple as mowing the lawn in the ear,y hrs after their night if loud noise doesn't work. We will make a call to the by law office. No way in heck am I going to wear any noise wearing anything to keep their obnoxious noise out if my ears!

LOL, of course, I suggested you talk to them first.
I was merely saying that if talking to them does not work, I'd call the people in charge of enforcing the rule you think they are breaking. I would not resort to petty antics to try and drive them away.

I only suggested the earplugs because sometimes, neighbors may make noise which you find annoying, but that is not actually illegal. In which case, you have very little option other than to alter your own behavior or continue to be annoyed.

On a food for thought. Some here know that I'm a retired insurance underwriter, with many years claims experience. We, Dh & I would be well to do if I had a nickel as the 'ol saying goes for the number of clients we had to cancel insurance on eventually because, of retaliating neighbours. The concern was of course escalating events, and proving that the insured had a claim that deemed them covered because, if not than they of course would have to go to court to re-coup their losses.

I do not condone the behaviors stated on one post here. I was simply sharing a story I'd read somewhere. I will still own that which I outlined in my previous post #16. Good luck all as you experience the crazy. Stay safe.

Last edited:
LOL, of course, I suggested you talk to them first.
I was merely saying that if talking to them does not work, I'd call the people in charge of enforcing the rule you think they are breaking. I would not resort to petty antics to try and drive them away.

I only suggested the earplugs because sometimes, neighbors may make noise which you find annoying, but that is not actually illegal. In which case, you have very little option other than to alter your own behavior or continue to be annoyed.

Albeit, the said noise your referring to is in the day time hours?

So I'm guessing you are going to create a war between you and your neighbour since no holds barred can go both ways. Good luck with that plan.

I was referring to lawn mowing, and then failing that calling the by-law enforcement office. As I said from the get go, Nothing Illegal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter