Spinoff: Favorite Airport?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I've been to MANY different airports over the years but not sure which is my favorite, as I'm often just rushing back and forth to catch flights.

I will say Detroit's was surprisingly really nice.

Toronto has a very fancy waiting area with Ipads to play games and surf while you wait...you can even order food (but don't, it's awful, lol)

Hong Kong is very nice...their train that goes to Central (the main part of the city) is really fancy also.

I've been to some crappy airports, like Memphis once but it was 20 years ago, maybe its nicer now.

I live closest to Philly International, but it's far from my favorite. Heathrow was cool.

HRL - Harlingen, TX

Only has 4 gates, so it’s a breeze getting in & out.

For a bit bigger airport, DEN is really well thought out. I really think the way they handle ground transportation is brilliant.

Least Favorite - DFW. Ugh

From the outside, Jackson Hole airport is certainly the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Dubai is pretty damn nice, especially if you're fortunate enough to be in F or J class, it's a separate area and is nearly empty.

EYW Key West. So small, no jetways, great bar. Delta 737s have to come in slow and slam on the brakes.

I find it depends on the terminal also. For example, I really like flying out of JFK's Terminal 5 (JetBlue) or SFO's Terminal 2. But I don't like SFO's international terminal nearly as much, and use it as often, so it docks the airport as a whole for me. I randomly really like Tulsa's airport, it's small but a comfy wait with a few necessities.

Oakland. It's just easier to deal with than San Francisco. The other local airport around here is San Jose, and I remember being stuck there as a coworker could get to the curb so I thanked him and walked 100 ft to the terminal.

As far as visiting airports go. PDX is pretty good. The thing was that the prices at airport concessions were competitive with the rest of the area. And then there's Kona. Small and a bit different. The gate waiting areas are a series of covered, open air huts more or less.

KOA.Hula_Kahiko.Statues.2009-300x188.jpg

I've been to some crappy airports, like Memphis once but it was 20 years ago, maybe its nicer now.

Memphis is now my home airport and it's still crappy! I was shocked by how bad it is when I first flew in/out of it 3 years ago.

For me I tend to think about how bad some terminals/entire airports are rather than the nice ones.

TPA at the moment. It is well laid out, clean, is easy to get into and out of, and has decent food options.

Internationally Frankfurt am Main was great considering it's size and traffic. At the time I went through it was the busiest in Europe I believe and it was so easy to get around.

Memphis is now my home airport and it's still crappy! I was shocked by how bad it is when I first flew in/out of it 3 years ago.

For me I tend to think about how bad some terminals/entire airports are rather than the nice ones.

Don't they basically have more takeoffs and landings for FedEx than all passenger airlines combined? I remember hearing that at one time that was their only hub for overnight US deliveries. Apparently made it simple in that every package went to Memphis to be sorted, even if it was only shipped to an address in the same city.

It sounds like they take care of FedEx better than they take care of passenger airlines.

I like FRA. It tends to run smoothly, parking is pretty easy (and I like that the ticket you take tells you exactly what row you are parked in, makes it easy to not have to remember where the car was when you travel), one of the attached hotels is surprisngly reasonably priced, the attached train statin runs well and they even have a yoga rooom.

I also like BCN becuase they have a nice outdoor courtyard with seating that is accessible after security.

Last edited:
I've been to MANY different airports over the years but not sure which is my favorite, as I'm often just rushing back and forth to catch flights.

I will say Detroit's was surprisingly really nice.

Toronto has a very fancy waiting area with Ipads to play games and surf while you wait...you can even order food (but don't, it's awful, lol)

Hong Kong is very nice...their train that goes to Central (the main part of the city) is really fancy also.

Long Beach is very zen. Super relaxing. I’m biased for Denver International because I lived there. The outdoor areas for families are cool!

Spent lots of time walking Chicago’s O’Hare & it makes for excellent people watching.

Whatever gets you to where you want to go, is usually good, as a pp noted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter