Spinoff KMart thread: Cold cuts

Browned turkey breast (for sandwiches). On occasion I will buy roast beef & jack cheese to make a cheesesteak.

1 pound boar head oven roasted turkey slicked medion
two pounds of Krakus Ham shaved
1/2 pound of Volpi Genoa salami, sliced thin
1/2 pound provolone, sliced medium.
1/2 pound american sliced medium

I love deli meat, I can eat a ton of it just plain. I love the charcuterie they have at Wegmans. Its rare I can find a local deli that has it anymore but I love head cheese, I can just eat a head cheese sandwich all day.

I usually just order roast beef, pastrami, various hams and once in awhile turkey

Saturday is soup and sandwich or salad night. I cook every other day so I like a break. It is also just the 2 of us now so sometimes I just get lazy. I try to stick to Dietz & Watson when I can since my son in law works for them (keeps him with a job) or Black Bear as an alternative.

Both brands have a deep-smoked/classic ham that is so much like ham off the bone that I stick to that. It has to be sliced thin though, partly because I have a dog and 2 cats that insist they need a piece too.

When in the mood I will buy a Turkey, classic or smoked.

Cheese is either a sharp Provolone or Swiss cheese, on occasion an Ultra Sharp Cheddar, again sliced thin.

I buy deli meats for what I call lunch meat surprise that my husband loves. Turkey is used for a turkey in gravy with mushrooms and onions over noodles. Ham is made into Ham Hawaiian with pineapple and mushrooms over rice. Quick meals when I am busy. Ham is also good on omelet night.

I don’t buy deli meats much anymore because I don’t have to make school lunches any more, but after reading this thread I’m kind of craving them.😀

If I do buy them, I buy Boars Head. I cannot stand slimy turkey so that is the one thing I am really picky on. I will always ask for the driest turkey they have. Cannot stand it overly processed.

Various types of ham (but not plain boiled ham & water product), turkey breast, roast beef. Occasionally hard salami (not Genoa or cooked). For cheese I never buy American pasteurized cheese food product. I like Swiss and Muenster, and sometimes provolone.

I sometimes chuckle when I'm at the deli and some man gets bewildered by all the varieties of ham and turkey available. The clerk will ask what type he wants, and he gets the deer-in-the-headlights look and mumbles "ahhh, I don't know, my wife just said to get ham."

My cousin's daughter once worked in a deli and she said they had a standard "clueless husband" brand for such situations. Middle of the road, not too cheap or expensive.

I don’t buy deli meats much anymore because I don’t have to make school lunches any more, but after reading this thread I’m kind of craving them.😀

If I do buy them, I buy Boars Head. I cannot stand slimy turkey so that is the one thing I am really picky on. I will always ask for the driest turkey they have. Cannot stand it overly processed.
Pastrami, right? Me too! :laughing:

I like ham and a pretty neutral mild cheese, like Havarti or Gouda.

I can't remember the last time I went to the deli. Takes too long for what I'm waiting for. I just get it out of the deli case.

Low-sodium ham (because DH has to watch his salt, and also because it's versatile.)

Either salami or olive loaf if I'm likely to be packing lunches for myself.

Sometimes turkey, because I get bored.

Alpine Lace Swiss if they have it.

1/2 pound Boarshead Low Sodium Ham either shaved or sliced extra thin
1/2 pound Boarshead or Publix Muenster, sliced very thin

I don’t like to wait in line. The workers are often very slow and the customers are so fussy. We just buy pre packaged cold cuts and cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter